Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2021, 02:54 PM   #1

Soft spot on roof near rear ac

Now i have a repair could be due to ac gasket ?

First both AC blower motors bearings shot.
Add new capacitors this week spun motor were stuck bearings sound loud

Found the soft spot near right rear side trying to figure out how to atack the problem from inside or out?

Ac gasket probably leaking no damage inside visable yet

Need repair before i step thru soft spot and find water leak
proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 04:47 PM   #2

I found a soft spot at rear ac as well. Front of ac, left side.
Water was leaking at the ac left corner tie down threaded rod. Sealed around the rod and stopped the leak. (We have a 2015 RW 39mb)
Inside the RV I pulled down the recessed puck lights from the ceiling panels in kitchen, dining and living room area. Found the fiberglass insulation above the couch area ceiling panel damp.
With lights pulled down, I ran a dehumidifier for a couple weeks and it actually pulled the moisture out of the fiberglass.

If needed, I would have pulled trim work, disconnect lighting and dropped
ceiling panels.

When I have the roof repaired, I’m going to have the Armor roof system do the entire roof. Very expensive but guaranteed for life with a transferable guarantee when you sell…
Semper Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 04:18 PM   #3

SemperFi, I just had the FlexArmor roof done on my 2014 38RE. And I could not be happier!! John Fisher and his crew in Prescott, Az did an amazing job, he communicated very well, kept me informed of any other issues that could come up during his process (luckily, I had none). You won't be disappointed with this system. I'm not sure what part of the U.S. you live in, but John has another location in Denton, Tx (Dallas area), I strongly recommend him personally. It wasn't cheap, but not much more than replacing the rubber membrane.

Bob Langston
Langenhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 01:05 PM   #4

Thanks for the info & suggestion Bob.
I talked with FlexArmor in Alabama and do like the FlexArmor product & Application over some of the competitor roof systems & Applications.

FlexArmor must be a great product with a good track record. The Alabama location first available date for repair is 1/2022…
Works for me, thanks again
Semper Fi is offline   Reply With Quote