Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2016, 12:21 PM   #1

Slideout not centered

Our Kitchen Slide has never been centered very good and was getting worse as time went on.
As facing the slide from the outside the seal / flap on the right side was almost sticking straight out and barely touched the slide and on the left side the slide wall was almost up against the coach with no gap.
I could not even get a finger width in between the coach wall and the slide wall on the left side as facing the slide from the outside.

So I had the bright idea, no big deal just adjust the slide back to the right to center it up in the opening. Looked under the slide at the slide arms / linkage, no problem, lots of adjustment to move the slide to the right to center it up in the wall opening.

Well I proceeded to made a couple of small adjustments moving the slide over a little bit each time and it looked great, almost centered in the opening and the seals is now fitting right.
As I am running the slide in and out and checking everything I hear a pop noise. Not sure what it was at the time but it only did it once and after a couple more slide operations, all was good. The slide was centered and no noise during operation.

Next thing I noticed was water on the floor inside, opps.
I found what the pop was, when centering the slide I moved it over far enough to catch the kitchen sink drain pipe and broke it when running the slide in.
Off to Home Depot I go, got some new 1 1/2" PVC pipe and fittings, installed and shortened the length of the pipe so it clears the wall when it comes in.

Now our slide is centered much better, the slide seals fit much better, the kitchen sink drain has good clearance when the slide is brought in, another good job done.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 01:33 PM   #2

great to hear. Just wondering if you took a couple of turns on the outside and center rod each time to make the adjustment.
Old 01-16-2016, 01:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by poormarky View Post
great to hear. Just wondering if you took a couple of turns on the outside and center rod each time to make the adjustment.
I actually moved the plates where the arms bolt to the slide, there are slots that allow you to move them left or right.
The Rod adjusts the slide travel in and out, no problem with travel and sealing, problem was left to right / centering in the wall opening.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 03:30 PM   #4

Good catch! Glad it was nothing too serious.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 05:53 PM   #5

Slideout Bracket Bent

I noticed that our forward adjustable kitchen side bracket was bent outward, causing improper alignment, it is being replaced as a structural issue of our 2/5 warranty.
crusepro is offline   Reply With Quote