Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2021, 12:20 AM   #1

Exclamation Shower leaking HARD

We were full-timers until a serious medical event happened to my husband. We settled close to San Antonio and the military Mecca. We recently took our rig out of storage for our son to live in while waiting for an apartment to open in Fredericksburg. A few days after moving in, the shower started leaking and got worse every day until it’s just spraying all over. We’ve tried to get a repair, but no luck. I was hoping to find info on how to fix it ourselves. Has anyone else had this?
Sharon
Mrschief28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 05:05 AM   #2

The year & model would help!
A bit more than "shower leaking hard" would be helpful with a diagnosis & fix?
Where's it leaking, floor pan, doors, shower head, piping to the faucets?
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 02:32 PM   #3

Shower leaking

We have a 2016 38RL. The shower wall is directly behind the front storage shelves and fuse box, and there is no space to access the hoses running to the back side of the shower and connecting to the shower faucets. When water pressure is applied to the system, everything is fine with no leak. If you turn the water on from the handle in the shower, then there is a leak that sprays backwards towards the shower wall. It then travels down and comes out from under the shower basin. I have removed the handles and all components in the handles and reseated everything. Same problem. I can’t get the face place off the back of the faucet, nor can I access the blue and red hoses feeding the faucet to change out the entire faucet.
Old 07-25-2021, 03:46 PM   #4

Open up the tall cabinet doors by your entry door. There will be a wooden stile with the coat hooks on it. Remove the large screws that hold the stile to the cabinet. There should be a large access hole behind the board that will allow direct access to the shower faucet and water lines and fittings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6868.jpg (230.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6866.jpg (240.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6867.jpg (154.1 KB, 8 views)

2012 36RL, Full Body Paint, Dual Awning, Dual a/c, Splendide Combo, Fisher Paykel dishwasher, 6.5kW Onan, Goodyear G614's. 2015 F550 6.7l, 4X4, Lariat, CC, 176" WB, Long Box, B&W Companion
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 05:03 PM   #5

My '13 didn't have the coat hooks, but did have a piece about 8" square that when removed accessed to plumbing.
Sounds like the faucet assembly has most likely frozen at some time & cracked, replacement is probably the best option.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 07:10 PM   #6

Smile

Thank you all! We’ll give that a try. We’ll let you know!
Sharon