Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2014, 04:22 PM   #1

shower faucet access

Replaced our shower fixtures yesterday due to peeling finish (Redwood provided replacement parts). Access to the shower faucet is behind the closet coat rack on a 36RL. I half expected to find a hole opened with a hatchet or chainsaw behind there that would cut and splinter my arm like on my last SOB - instead I found a nice 4" cut hole in a 1/2" piece of wood!

This is what I mean nice fit and finish above other brands we have owned or looked at! A bit of pride in manufacturing. Now if they would find a different fixture vendor

atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:02 PM   #2

I was wondering how that was going to be accomplished. No holes to cut or tear up my arms being a contortionist, nice. Won't worry about replacing it now. That is awesome. Good job RW.
USN Retired

Radio_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:03 PM   #3

Nice find Atom. Our lav sink drain was the first to look really, really bad and then ALL the shower (Painted on brushed chrome) followed to show wear/chipping and that's with only wiping after every shower. I'm going to give it alittle more time and buff it all off and just go with the chrome base. I'm sure that when it's time to replace the washers i'll just replace the whole handle.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:37 PM   #4

Jay,
I'm pretty sure they are washerless - you might be waiting a while Do you happen to know if your lav faucet is Durafaucet or Phoenix? Mine is Phoenix in the lav and kitchen and was hoping the peeling was isolated to Durafaucet

As I was replacing the parts that originally peeled, now I see the upright arm ends and shower head holder is also peeling. Redwood said I may be using too harsh of a cleaner. I said they should be able to stand up to any non-abrasive household cleaner. My brushed nickel Oxygenics shower head doesn't seem to have the same problem - maybe DuraFaucet should look at their process for creating a brushed nickel finish on plastic.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 11:33 PM   #5

Not familiar on your RW's layout, but in our coat closet the coat hooks are attached to a piece of the Cherry Stile Wood. When I removed the screws holding the board with the hooks on it, the access hole is behind it, like it needs to be to meet code.

Chris
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 11:37 PM   #6

Sooo glad you posted this, thank you! We were at wit's end trying to get to the back of our shower. After reading your post, we removed the coat rack that is screwed into to the wall and there it was! Now, to get it all together . . . with no leaks . . .
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 11:39 PM   #7

There should be a 3/4" piece of wood about 6×6" high up in the coat closet, remove a couple screws & should see shower water lines connected to the back of the faucet.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote