Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2018, 05:20 PM   #1

Satellite/Cable wiring

I have a 2018 3801 WB and would really like to understand the wiring for the cable/satellite/antenna wiring without having to trace each and every wire.

If anyone has a specific wiring diagram for this model, I would really appreciate it if you can share it. I have downloaded the diagram here in the library, but it doesn't represent this model. I have asked the dealer many times, but still no luck.

Without a diagram, next best would be to help me understand the following:

Hook up area:
2 connections side by side (assume for satellite, 1 to bedroom and 1 too living room) to be confirmed.

1 connection for park cable system, enters into splitter and to bedroom/living room.

Roof:
4 connections

Living room:
Brown cable
White Cable
Pink Cable
Face plate with 2 outlets, 1 for antenna and the 2nd for ? I think park cable.

Bedroom:
3 base plates:
1 - Antenna (with booster switch)
2 - 1 cable outlet (like to know where it goes - assume cable)
3 - 2 cable outlets (like to know where the go)

I am also hoping that I can hook up my PVR receiver in the living room or bedroom which requires 2 line feed in and then have 1 line run to the other tv. My remote is UHF, so it doesn't matter where the receiver is. This is how I had it set up in my previous trailer - Blackstone by Outdoor RV and an awesome unit by the way.

Thanks for any help.

If only this information was included with the owners manual.
Pez de Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:17 PM   #2

Pez, my advise would be go to home depot and buy a cable tracer, that's where I got mine cost about $25.00, it has four different sounders all color coded and easy to use. takes a couple hours if you make labels and tag all wires.
I can tell you there is a power wire that goes from bedroom and is attached to one of your roof top cables, once you remove the caulk just pull line out a little and it is taped to cable. You will not need to do this unless you are hooking up a satellite dish.
I have a 2015 39 MB model and the splitter for living room cable was located by the rear left living room light, that is if you are standing at door looking to rear of unit. It was easy to find once told that, as some are located in bedroom overhead depending on model. My cable hook up from my basement went to the bedroom, then to the living room, but line was apparently run down the left side to rear of unit.
Hope this helps, I could not get a diagram of way cables were run, so I did it myself as many others on this site also. Good Luck.
Jeff&Karen39MB is offline   Reply With Quote