Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2012, 12:40 PM   #1

I have had issues with my keypad not locking or unlocking the deadbolt since I took delivery on my coach in July. This past week while my rig was getting winterized and a few issues addressed, my dealer ended up having to contact RVLock as they were unsuccessful in getting the keypad to work properly. I have to commend RVLock for their outstanding customer service and going above and beyond. RVLock not only shipped overnight a new keypad, but also included a new door handle as mine had chips in the paint. The new keypad they shipped did not work either. After a few hours of my dealer working direct with RVLock via the phone, it was determined that the 2nd pad they shipped was faulty. RVLock again shipped overnight a new keypad and this time included a new key fob for my inconvenience! The 2nd pad works great and I really like my new key fob!! Thank you RVLock for not only correcting my original problem, but for sending me a fob as a gesture of good will. That truly speaks volume of your organization and your attention to customer service!

Old 01-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #2

We picked up pur 36FB early November. Two weeks ago the keyless entry/keypad stopped working. There's no sound of the motor working at all. I suspect it's either a dead battery or the motor has gone out completely.

We plan on waiting to get it worked on at the delaer under warranty. Other suggestions? We're open to trying something simple.
2015 Redwood RV (39MB)
GCAKIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #3

The easiest thing to try yourself is to replace the batteries in the handle (just need Phillips head screwdriver), but it's much more likely to be the keypad itself.

I've replaced mine after 4 months and now the second one is dead after 7 months. As was stated, RV Lock is a great company to work with, but they seem to be replacing the defective keypads with yet another keypad. Theyhad no explanation about what is causing the defect or what could be done to preempt another failure -andcouldn'texplain how the replacement will be anything different than the original.

I would love to know what the long-term plan for these keypads are. There are many members here who have had multiple failures and of course, the warranty is not "forever".

In the meantime, I wouldn't leave your key inside if I were you.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #4

I replaced the batteries in the keypad and cleaned the inside terminals with electrical contact cleaner. I did that about 7 months ago and so far all is good. You will find the keypad is allowing moisture inside the battery compartment. I found rusty residue and cleaned the terminals, replaced batteries. RVLock has been great to work with as they replaced one keypad and the door lock about 45 days after I purchased our coach. They also instructed me on how to program both locks to operate off of one key fob.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #5

Our RVlock keypad hasn't worked since the day we bought it. Tried to find a phone number on the little piece of paper they provided and also on their web site but couldn't find one. However, having had this rig for 6 months now, I have never had an opportunity to actually use the keypad. Seems a lot easier to just stick the key in the door.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #6

support@rvlock.com
Old 01-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #7

Grandpa,

Thanks for the RV lock contact information. I have noted it in my paperwork and hope I don't need it.

Happy trails
Old 01-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #8

I guess we must be some of the lucky ones. Ours has worked since day one and we even ordered to extra keys and two key fobs. I just wish they had an LED indicator light when the motor was activated because I have terrible hearing (no high frequency hearing at all) I don't here the chimes or what ever sounds it makes upon completing an operation.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:31 PM   #9

I went out to check out the inside of ours today and the key pad didn't work and it was very hard to turn the key to get it unlocked. This will be the 3rd one on our's that needed replaced. Right now it's stored out back till spring. I'm going to wait till spring time or until we get it to warmer climate. Just wish they had a better keyless entry. This one is really starting to bug me.

Full Timers in our 2013 36FL with MoRryde 8000# IS suspension. Pulled by 2012 Sport Chassis with Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch.
UNDRPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #10

We must also be lucky. However you don't get much rain in Tucson so we have not had the water ingression problem others have faced. We still appreciate all the information we get from this forum as it alerts us to potential problems and what to do to fix them.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771
I guess we must be some of the lucky ones. Ours has worked since day one and we even ordered to extra keys and two key fobs. I just wish they had an LED indicator light when the motor was activated because I have terrible hearing (no high frequency hearing at all) I don't here the chimes or what ever sounds it makes upon completing an operation.

I have to agree with you...........our door lock system has worked without problem from day one. Our lock does not have the entry code pad. It is just a key fob and key............either use the key or 2 buttons on the key fob to either lock or unlock.

I think I may look at the assembly tosee if there is any possibility of the moisture problem that folks have mentioned. Hopefully, I can pre-empt any possible problems.

Guy

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #12

I had an issue this weekend with both keypads not working, changed the batteries in the rear door and was surprised that Durcell's were used, swaped them out but no luck, changed the front door batteries and presto chango bothkeypads now work fine. I know they are somehow wired togetherbecause if I lock just the rear door both front and back doors lock. but if I just lock the front door the back doordoes not lock. go figure.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #13

Amishco. go to rvlock.com get the instructions to set the locks so both open when you key in either one. We sync'd our keyfobs to operate both doors at once, works great
Old 01-08-2013, 06:03 AM   #14

Wow I missed that part of the instructions. Thanks!
Old 02-07-2014, 11:03 PM   #15

Worse customer service ever. Today while I was changing the battery on the keypad I lost one of the screws. I contacted RV LOCKS and they said they would have to charge me $9.99 for two screws. Bad attitude for business and they will not tell me what size the screws so I will it back apart and go to the hardware store and find them by my self I will not this lock on my coach very long.
arcticman1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:47 PM   #16
Site Team

I am on my second keypad and it works only some of the time. The quality of this door lock is not good. I guess I will have to eventually replace it with the door lock that has the key pad on the door side. I think Redwood is not using "RV Locks" now???
Old 02-08-2014, 01:39 AM   #17

I have the keypad attached to the door and noticed one day it goes a little bit crazy when washing the rig (beeping and lights flashing). I think the water plays with the touch pads a little. I was laughing wondering what it must do in a rainstorm when I'm not there.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 01:55 AM   #18

My setup is the same as Hoosierguy. For those of you who are having problems with your keypad, I'm wondering if one option might be forgoing the keypad and going with just a fob/key lock mechanism.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:44 AM   #19

We have never used the keypad on the truck or the Redwood. For the Redwood we go back to basics and use nothing but a key.

Primitive, but they work OK.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 03:15 AM   #20
Site Team

I do have a key FOB for the Redwood and use it quite frequently but wish the keypad would also work all the time. We also use the keypad on the truck frequently.