Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2016, 01:33 PM   #41
Site Team

Norm - let us know if RV Lock got back to you after you called and if they helped out. My experience with them has beeen great ..
Old 12-04-2016, 03:34 AM   #42

When we bought our RV used the keypad worked intermittently after I replaced the batteries so I pulled it apart and found the connectors inside didn't make contact very well. I replaced the connectors, but it still was acting up so I purchased a new one from RVLock.com and put it on. It came with the keypad on the handle instead of the one stuck to the side of the RV, and two remote fobs. It has worked great since I installed it 2 yrs ago and it makes a sound when it locks and unlocks. I use it all the time and am very happy with it. A must buy in my opinion.
Old 12-07-2016, 01:10 AM   #43

Just want to put my 2 cents in on "rv lock" as a company... I have never dealt with such an unprofessional company in my life... they don't answer phones, have rude customer service, and shipping takes forever... I ordered the keyless entry about a month ago... took over 2 weeks to receive and it didn't quite fit, no big deal as the door is fiberglass I took a bit off to get it in there, when I called after it had not been shipped in over a week the lady gave me attitude, took me ALL DAY for someone to answer, I called about 10 times and it kept saying "enter your access code"... well anyway I got the product and I really liked the quality, so Black Friday came around and I ordered 5 baggage handles, and requested they be keyed alike to the lock I already purchased through a phone message, I got them yesterday and they were not keyed alike, no one ever called back, so I called today, the guy once again was very rude and said your door lock is to old to be keyed alike to the handles... REALLY?!? It's a month old! He also said nobody called me back because they were closed on Black Friday... so that means the messages get deleted? Also on top of it all... they were packaged so poorly all the screws were loose in the box with parts everywhere and missing and they are REFUSING TO PAY FOR RETURN SHIPPING!!! This company is a joke and I will leave bad reviews everywhere, I hope others can see how they treat well paying customers!
Old 12-07-2016, 01:18 PM   #44
Site Team

I'm very surprised that you had any issues with RV Lock Co. in any of my dealings with them and also everyone I know, they have been above and beyond with customer service.
The one question I do have - exactly which company are you bashing ? RV Lock does not offer keyed alike baggage lock sets. They only offer remote, keypad Lock sets which must by necessity be user programmed with your code. There is a "key" for them but it is a special key to use the Lock in case the battery dies or the code failed.

Not nice to bash the wrong company ..........
Old 12-07-2016, 01:38 PM   #45

I too, will say their customer service is outstanding! After purchasing my 2013 Redwood 31SL new, I continually had problems with their keypad. I called, and they sent me the new model with the keypad on the lock mechanism for free. Now that is customer service!
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 05:10 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper guy View Post
RV Lock does not offer keyed alike baggage lock sets. They only offer remote, keypad Lock sets which must by necessity be user programmed with your code.
Yes... they do... https://www.rvlock.com/collections/m...artment-handle

And the First Lady I spoke with told me they could be keyed alike... also here is a pic of how they were packaged...

Not nice to reply to a thread without doing some research.........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2059.jpg (261.4 KB, 13 views)
Old 12-07-2016, 07:58 PM   #47
Site Team

My apologies. I called up the website before I responded and did not see any mechanical ones, only keypads. Bauer has offered keyed alike for years and is the current supplier (unless they've changed again) of Redwoods locksets.

In any case, I have always had super service from RV Lock. Sorry you didn't.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:31 AM   #48
Site Team

I'm sorry to hear that you had a problem with RV Lock company. They've always been easy to work for me and they've always treated the people I've sent their way great.

Maybe they've had some other behind the scenes issues that we're unaware of. I think the owner of the company is Cade but I could be mistaken.
Old 12-08-2016, 05:29 AM   #49

I looked at the link Alex posted, these are pretty new to RVLock I think, they didn't have these when I ordered my main door lock. Anyway, I had good service with them as well and the lock on the door has been great. I have often thought of buying different locks for my baggage compartments and levelup door because they are common locks that anyone can buy online and get into. $50 a pop for the replacement door latches is a bit spendy, it would cost $250 to replace my 5 latches, for now I guess I will just not store anything of real value in them while not traveling so if they do get in they won't get much. Sorry to hear you had such a bad adventure with them Alex. Maybe that day of shipment the guy had a bad day, who knows, anyway maybe they will start responding better to you and you can get your keyed alike worked out.
Old 12-09-2016, 06:07 PM   #50

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy View Post
I agree with you. Our keypad has never worked from day one. I considered the optional fob but couldn't understand when I would use it. If I used it to lock the door I would have to double check that it locked because I would never be able to hear it. I think the entire concept is just a novelty thing but not practical. I would be scared to leave the fifth wheel and lock it with the keypad or fob only to find out neither worked to unlock when I got back, so, if I have to carry my key any way, I might as well use it. I can unlock my door with key quicker than using the keypad! Try it!
very true i dont trust fob, the key works every time,

i like the story that the keypad is for a alarm system, i bought a fob it works

lock should be improved with a indicator light to show locked and armed alarm feature, bigger longer life lithium batterys too,

karl b.
proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 10:17 PM   #51

Mine makes a tweet sound when it locks and I hear the lock mechanism working to lock, I trust it, I haven't had a problem since I got this. I use the remote to lock and unlock, I have set the numbers on the latch for a code but the remote works so well I never use them.