Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #1

On the open roads forum there is a thread about Redwood. Starts out with Redwood closing the service center at the fqctory and snowballs from there. Anyone heard anything?
2013 Redwood 36RL Full paint D/W W/D 2 A/C's and all the other stuff.
jrgkfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:28 PM   #2
Site Team

There is a little truth to that......It's my understanding that they are closing the service center at the factory and moving in with the Cross Roads service center which is MUCH bigger and it's suppose to give us better service. Brian has been working out of there for the last several months. Unfortunately Linda (aka Tinker Bell) lost her job with this move.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:05 PM   #3

Boy, that is a shame. Linda was such a sympathetic & down to earth person. She really tried to make sure your unit departed better than you expected.

When did this happen? They were just finishing construction on Redwood's new service center when we were at the Rally in August.Obviously, Redwood is fast becoming a Crossroads model.Edited by: 5th_Time
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #4

Damn, I wish she hadn't lost her job. I thought she was a real asset. Bet she finds something soon if she hasn't already. Glad we went there when we did.
2013 Redwood 36RL Full paint D/W W/D 2 A/C's and all the other stuff.
jrgkfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #5

My personal opinion is this is BS, the consolidation to crossroads really reinforces an identity loss for Redwood. The Redwood factory service was great and Linda was definitely an asset to the Redwood family. I feel that the absorption by Crossroads leads to us being "numbers" as compared to the personal service provided by Linda and the other Redwood factory service reps.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:46 PM   #6
Site Team

last Thursday I called her because a fender got blown off my trailer while I was drinving down the highway in all the wind. She told me then that she had lost her job. I agree, she's an asset and I really hope she finds something soon. We got along great and she laughed when I gave her a nick name. She said that she REALLY loved all of us and would miss talking with us.

I think I'm going to send an email out to the bosses and let them know how much she meant to all of us. It may not be a bad idea for some of you doing the same.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #7

Don't know if this is news to anyone else -- saw this online today:
http://rvdailyreport.com/News/ctl/Ar...heel-line.aspx
Old 02-07-2013, 07:14 PM   #8
Site Team

That is news to me. That is the first I have heard of Carriage starting back up. I guess they are going to use the Carriage name that they purchased.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #9
Site Team

I guess we'll have to watch and see what happens and how good of a product they put out.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:37 PM   #10

Watch and wait. At one time Carriage was supposedly, "the" 5th wheel to have. Their Carriage Royal was premier, but retailed for over $200K
Old 02-07-2013, 08:18 PM   #11
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny
last Thursday I called her because a fender got blown off my trailer while I was drinving down the highway in all the wind. She told me then that she had lost her job. I agree, she's an asset and I really hope she finds something soon. We got along great and she laughed when I gave her a nick name. She said that she REALLY loved all of us and would miss talking with us.

I think I'm going to send an email out to the bosses and let them know how much she meant to all of us. It may not be a bad idea for some of you doing the same.

Dave if you have the email address of the bosses please post, thanks

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:46 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny

<div style=": rgb255, 255, 255; margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: n&#111;ne; ">Hey Dave,
What if you did up a nice email and post it then all of us could copy and repost it with ALL of our names and signature on it in support for her? You just have a better way with words then I would.

Full Timers in our 2013 36FL with MoRryde 8000# IS suspension. Pulled by 2012 Sport Chassis with Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch.
UNDRPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:23 PM   #13
Site Team

I haven't been at the office for a week because I've taken time off to paint some of the new construction in our home and getting ready for the next big trip. Monday when I go back to the office I'll get Tom's email address and put something together.

As an employer myself, I sometimes forget how valuable my folks are to the customers until I'm reminded. I'm hopeful that if a few of us remind Redwood how attentive to our needs Linda has been, it might help her.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #14

That is interesting. I called last week and made an appointment for March 26 to get my unit serviced. Linda didn't say anything about this. Guess I would of taken unit to wrong place. Wonder when we were going to be informed of the move. Does anyone have address of where we go now for warranty work/service. Linda was great to work with. Shame she lost her job. I agree she was a great asset to Redwood.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #15

I've been calling for over two weeks, trying to get an appointment, and have had, "leave your number and we'll call you back" routine. I've been told several people's names who are making appointments for the Redwood's now, but Andy, a woman was the last name I heard. Brian did return my call, which I missed, and I haven't been able to reach him since Thursday. Hope this new crossroads thing isn't a "farm out" deal where we are sent to a contract service. If I ever get an appointment, we'll see.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #16

I have an appointment for May, but have not been told whether it is at RW or Crossroads. Will give it a couple of weeks then start bugging Brian - poor guy.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:07 AM   #17

My appointment is in March and I have been told it is in Topeka.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #18
Site Team

"Thought I would add some facts to this rumor thread. Information from Redwood/Crossroad management confirms that the service center is moving to the Crossroads facility In Topeka, In. The decision to move the service facility is not a cost cutting move. Quite the opposite- It is a move to provide better and faster service in a more comfortable setting. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><O:P></O:P>
Due to increased Redwood production the Redwood campus at Syracuse is too small. Production of Redwoods continues to ramp up to meet demand and will not be affected by startup of Carriage as some have guessed.<O:P></O:P>

A large new “Lodge” look and feel, full service center is nearing completion at the Crossroads facility in Topeka. It will service Redwood and Crossroad products. The new service center will include a modern waiting room that includes Wifi, computers for customers, TV’s, and vending machines. Bottom line- a new, larger, more comfortable facility that will provide improved serviceEdited by: Blenhardt
Old 02-13-2013, 02:12 PM   #19

I finally got hold of Brian to make my appointment and as usual, Brian did a really good job of taking care of me. Topeka, (Indiana, not Kansas) is about 20 miles from the sales office, but apparently has no on-site facilities.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:20 PM   #20

Sadly this is what happens when companies merge product lines with one another to keep costs down. Typically the "one new location" cannot handle the influx of multiple brands funneling into one location. I am most hopeful that Redwood will continue to take care of their customers as they have in the past as this is one of the main reasons I bought my Redwood. I've had 3 Montana's previously and took one of them back to the service center while I was in the area attending the owner club rally for work to the bedroom slide. The service center did an outstanding job at getting my coach in and repaired quickly. I was torn between ordering a 2013 Big Sky vs. my 2013 Redwood 36RL - I opted for the Redwood after speaking with Tom Montague at the Chicago RV Show in 2012 as he indicated that any issues my dealer could not resolve would be escalated to bringing my coach back to the factory for resolution. Thank goodness my coach has been 99% flawless over the past 8 months and my dealer was able to resolve that 1% issue during my purchase walk through.