Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2014, 10:08 PM   #61

Hey, JB, you do know that you can close the valve at the pump for the slide you don't want to open. Not quite as handy as individual switches, but works if Wally Docking and you just want to open the Road side slides.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:56 PM   #62

I don't know why the entire island can't be moved to the rear a little.
Jay D
Ramblin Roadrunners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:17 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
Wally Docking

Hadn't heard that before -
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:18 AM   #64

The Island is not in the way of the slides. The plumbing would have to be moved a little and there might be a heat vent at the rear of the island moved a little --- what's the problem? Don't cut the island down. It doesn't have to be cut down. Make the change. Plenty of good money is charged for the stainless package.
Jay D.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:29 AM   #65

I would think it costs less to move the island than to cut down the island. The only thin I can figure is they use the island from the 38br. Just thinking out load!!!
Jay D.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:24 AM   #66

I red the reviews for the Samsung refrigerator not to uplifting, is it as normal, only the people who have problems write anything? How does it work for you people out there, would be great to hear from other full timers! Have a Samsung at home and absolutely love it.
BasilFawlty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:26 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
Hey, JB, you do know that you can close the valve at the pump for the slide you don't want to open. Not quite as handy as individual switches, but works if Wally Docking and you just want to open the Road side slides.

Thanks - think it's in the battery box on the 38gk too as shown on the pic below - jus tno sure what all the pairs of things do in there yet ~

Basil,
the Samsung is great, but just not perfectly designed for a home that has an earthquake every expansion joint

there needs to be a locking mechanism and a cutoff switch...
The freezer does not have a positive latch - my guess? it's just magnetic and will come open without touching the handle...

while I can turn the inverter off when on battery,
this weekend I was just testing some 110 things and did not want the fridge on... but soon as I plugged it in, it cranked up ! probably could have pulled a fuse or kicked a breaker, but would be nice to have a switched outlet...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Valves.jpg (204.6 KB, 4 views)
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 01:09 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gegallant View Post
I realize this is an old thread, but wanted to say that we purchased the residential package and are pleased with the cooling.
We have the 36RL and have made 3 runs of about 5 hours each. The fridge runs fine and keeps everything cool if you can keep the doors shut.
We had two trips with absolutely perfect performance. The last trip (in South Carolina) had some rough roads and the fridge door opened and slammed into the island counter so hard it dented the door.
I don't think the unit would run for more than a couple hours on the battery alone, but ran fine while being supported by the truck to keep the battery charged. As soon as we reach our destination, we connect to shore power so the inverter can be shut down.
A word to the wise would be that if you stop for a long period, step into the unit and turn off the inverter to keep the battery from becoming depleted. The fridge will keep the contents cold for quite a while unless you open the doors. Fire it back up when you start running again.

With all that said, has anyone figured out how to keep the doors in place (closed)? We are at this stop for the next 10 days and need to figure out how to keep the doors shut on the fridge.

Thanks everyone.
Safe travels
George and Kay
velcro straps work great
MZWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 01:19 AM   #69

Go to Homedepot, they sell a black velcro cable strap with a little opening so you snug it down.

5 bucks an works just excellent!

Samsung fridge works perfect as well, know that now after 6 month full-time.

No problems just perfect!
Old 11-03-2014, 02:59 PM   #70

Velcro works fine on french doors, but our freezer came open again this short trip to mill creek... so we put two cardboard boxes that came with printer paper between the opposing slide and the freezer door...

just another lil southern engin- ear ring thingy to make it home...
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 03:07 PM   #71

Ok I see - freezer door!

We actually asked Spader RV (our dealer) to take off the original double stick tape on the grey freezer lock on the left side and replace it with an industrial outdoor strength tape - that has worked fine now for the first six month.