Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2017, 03:20 PM   #1

Repaired my Maxxair Fan

Heard loud snap when closing Maxxair kitchen fan; broke the operator.(see attached picture)
Called Maxxair and they sent a replacement part at no charge even though I am in Canada at the moment. Nice people to deal with!!

Received the part in about 10 days, thirty minute repair with good instruction included.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WIN_20170511_09_39_59_Pro.jpg (85.7 KB, 19 views)
Old 05-11-2017, 03:33 PM   #2

After reading so many negative posts, it is good to hear about a great customer service experience.

I called Maxxair when I purchased covers and they were very helpful with answering all of my questions.
Old 05-19-2017, 08:00 PM   #3

Great to hear about the repair and service.

I had a problem with my Maxxair Fan only working on the high setting. I called Maxxair hoping they would replace under warranty since the original owner had the problem since just after new. Unfortunately, the gentleman I spoke with wouldn't cover it. I was a little disappointed since the original owner had dealt with them trying to diagnose / fix the problem during warranty and Maxxair sending two different wall switches to no avail. I just wanted it fixed so I ordered the circuit board (accessed from inside the RV) for around $45 (shipping included) and replaced it yesterday. The fan is now operating properly. I believe my model is 4700K?

As for the repair / install, it is not just plug and play as the tech led me to believe. You'll have to strip a couple of wires and possibly reuse the existing sensor wire (new board has the sensor plug relocated on the board and the new wire is not long enough to reach). Fortunately, my dad (electrician) is camping next door with us this week and he and I made the repair in about 30 minutes. Just be certain not to touch to two power wires (white / black) as you'll kick the 15 amp fuse for the bathroom. Ask me how I know.

Message me with any questions.

Jim
PhotoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote