Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2020, 10:24 PM   #1
Site Team

Remodeling question

Remodeling question -

So ....... the time has come to change the interior looks of the coach. Ours is a 2013 RL with the regular Cherry interior. Beautiful and state of the art when new, but that was 8 years ago.

Since we are full timers, it’s time for a change. Tracy first suggested it and I’m gradually coming around. We are about to do new flooring, new carpet on the dining slide and in the closet, and we’re going to paint the walls a bone color.

Tracy would like to paint the cabinets also and make the whole interior brighter. I’m still wrapping my head around sanding and painting very nice Cherry woodwork. Not saying no, but not quite there yet.

Have any of you done this ? If so, might you have before and after pictures and do you have any regrets ?

Thanks all !!
Old 10-09-2020, 12:00 AM   #2

I can see the flooring and maybe even painting, but growing up on a Farm and also running a Small Lumber and Millwork and doing Cabinet work I would rather destroy the place rather than painting over the natural wood. Now if we were talking about some other brands with the fake wood that would be a different story.
BUT only you and Tracy can decide what's best for you.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 12:37 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
VAUGHN
OUR STICK AND BRICK HAD beautiful oak cabinets that momma wanted painted white it took about a year before I relented and they turned out good
Happy wife happy life
Old 10-09-2020, 08:36 AM   #4

Wow, that is quite a job, we are not there yet, have thought about it but it will still be a while for us before any major remodel.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 11:02 PM   #5

Remodeling Time

We too have a 2013 and while it still looks pretty good, it's is time to freshen the look. I see removing all carpet and going back with solid vinyl. the dining slide out is a problem making the transition so we may be forced to carpet the slide out. Recover the valances for sure. But I just can't bring myself to painting that beautiful cherry wood.

If others have remodeled your Redwood, please post pictures and give remarks about the experience.

Thanks

Howard

2013 Redwood 36 FB adopted Nov 2015
2019 RAM 3500 Big Horn Crew Cab Long bed
Always with our dogs - P.T. & Baylee
hmdarwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 12:59 AM   #6

We took our valances down and replaced them with curtains. I didn't want to paint the wood, so we opted to paint the walls to brighten it up. We also replaced light shades. I love the changes! I am sorry, I can't figure out how to put a picture on this post.
PricelessRVAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 09:11 PM   #7
Site Team

When you put the post on, go to the advanced section. There you can upload photos from your computer or tablet
Old 10-29-2020, 01:53 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricelessRVAdventures View Post

I can't figure out how to put a picture on this post.

How to add photos to a post
  • Click reply and scroll down to bottom of text box.
  • Click "go advanced" add text to message window and then scroll down.
  • Click "Manage attachments" A separate window will pop up.
  • Click "browse" Then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 800 x 600 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 400K is recommeneded. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
  • Click "Upload" After pics have loaded close the pop-up window
  • Click "submit reply" to mount the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.

About attachment storage limits

When you upload a copy of an image file (or other attachment) it is stored on our servers. We highly recommend that you reduce file sizes before uploading them to posts and threads.

How to embed an image stored on another site:
You can do this by using image tags. Upload the image to a service like imageshack and then copy the URL of the image and put that between [IMG] tags. That will work well, as long as the host site stays in business and doesn't disable your image for overuse of bandwidth etc.

You can also paste in the location of a photo stored here in a photo Album.

To do this: Paste the url of the image into your post. Then add the following code on either side of the url (with no extra spaces):

[IMG]url here[/IMG]

The image will appear where the url was in your text.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote