Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2013, 09:02 AM   #1

My wife and I are planning on changing the recliners to a Love seat recliner like the Crossroad Rushmore. She put a little table between the recliners but has to move it when moving.
Rushmore
http://www.crossroadsrv.com/rushmore/photo-gallery
Old 04-16-2013, 09:55 AM   #2

I am sorry but the furniture in the Rushmore is one reason I did not purchase a Rushmore. The DW and I both thought they were the most uncomfortable pieces of we have ever set in. I am very happy with the recliners in my Redwood and plan on putting table between them also. Table will fit nice with dining table rotated, that way you can spread recliners more.
USN Retired
Fredtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:50 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredtp
I am sorry but the furniture in the Rushmore is one reason I did not purchase a Rushmore.Â* The DW and I both thought they were the most uncomfortable pieces of we have ever set in.Â* I am very happy with the recliners in my Redwood and plan on putting table between them also. Table will fit nice with dining table rotated, that way you can spread recliners more.Â*
I meant one similar like a lazyboy. We have one at home with the cup holders and cubby hole for the remotes, etc.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredtp
I am sorry but the furniture in the Rushmore is one reason I did not purchase a Rushmore.Â* The DW and I both thought they were the most uncomfortable pieces of we have ever set in.Â* I am very happy with the recliners in my Redwood and plan on putting table between them also. Table will fit nice with dining table rotated, that way you can spread recliners more.Â*
I meant one similar like a lazyboy. We have one at home with the cup holders and cubby hole for the remotes, etc.
I'm 6'5" tall and weigh 290, the ones in the Redwood ain't big enough either.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #5

We also got rid of the recliners that came with ours. Very uncomfortable for me. Love the new xlarge La-Z-Boy isntead.

Also, Fredtp, what or who does DW stand for? I've seen it on several of your posts but can't figure it out. Guess I'm no Sherlock.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:35 PM   #6

Just bought two recliners to relace the ones in the RW. The RW recliners are worn out in 5 months. We bought Lane power wall away recliners got a great deal on them and being delivered Thur.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #7

Seems like one of the reasons people replace the recliners are that they are undersized vs. the recliners people have in their homes. I assumed that their size was required due to the limited room for them. Those of you who have replaced theirs, do the home style recliners from La-Z-boy or Lane look OK in the limited space in theRL. Seems like they might be too wide... Edited by: 5th_Time
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:21 PM   #8

We ordered the loveseat and will put it where the reciliners usually go in the FB. Then we ordered 2 Lazy Boy swivel recliners to go in the back where the sofa would have been. That way we can sit there and enjoy the view (if we happen to have one where we park).

LazyBoy has a couple of recliners that are not gianormous. Also, if you want to spend the $$, The Ekornes Stressless chairs are really nice, but 1 costs what 2 LaxyBoys are, maybe even a few hundred $$ more.

JJ
Kev n JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeguy

Â*
Also, Fredtp, what or who does DW stand for? I've seen it on several of your posts but can't figure it out. Guess I'm no Sherlock.
Darling Wife
USN Retired
Fredtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:19 PM   #10

Buddy - This is one of my friends that changed his out the day he brought his 2012 Redwood 36RL home and comments when I just asked him where he got it.

Ricky - It is a Lazyboy I bought at the Lazyboy showroom in Covington across from Home Depot. It isn't as wide as the two recliners that came with it.

Buddy - I'm sure that Redwood wasn't going to furnish us with Lazyboys. I would rather have comfort over looks any day, It is just me and my wife and the Holy Spirit living in the RV and he wants me to be comfortable.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #11

We got the Lazyboy Harbor Town recliners, which are very different in style (not your father's recliner) in that they have open bentwood arms that are upholstered. They sit very comfortably for us, but not quite as cushy as a traditional recliner. The Pinnacle was the other style we were considered - it's a traditional recliner style and very cushy, but not the huge scale that some others are. We debated back and forth quite awhile (ok, just me - Kevin took one look and sit and made his decision).

Joyce
Kev n JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:55 PM   #12

We sold all of our Redwood furniture and replaced the recliners with Lane and had a customer chaise lounge made in place of the sofa. Our 2012 Redwood furniture was not comfortable and the sofa was not wide enough to really curl up and sleep on for us.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:00 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinder
We sold all of our Redwood furniture and replaced the recliners with Lane and had a customer chaise lounge made in place of the sofa. Â*Our 2012 Redwood furniture was not comfortable and the sofa was not wide enough to really curl up and sleep on for us. Â*
Good deal, like I said I not comfortable on the Redwood furniture either.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:04 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy
Buddy - This is one of my friends that changed his out the day he brought his 2012 Redwood 36RL home and comments when I just asked him where he got it.

Ricky - It is a Lazyboy I bought at the Lazyboy showroom in Covington across from Home Depot. It isn't as wide as the two recliners that came with it.

Buddy - I'm sure that Redwood wasn't going to furnish us with Lazyboys. I would rather have comfort over looks any day, It is just me and my wife and the Holy Spirit living in the RV and he wants me to be comfortable.
Galatians 2:20 NKJV

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:36 AM   #15

Amen, though out my troubles he carries me. May GOD help AMERICA.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #16

We just purchased a Redwood 39HH for our full-time residence. So far, we are happy with our recliners, but they are very close together in the toy hauler configuration. Therefore, we are looking for a small side table to put between the two recliners. A 20"-22" wedge-shaped table that is 7" or 8" wide at one end and 12"-15" at the other end would be terrific. Levenger had one, but it is no longer available. A rectangular table about 8"-10" wide and 20"- 22" long will also work. Has anyone found a good solution?
Patrice and Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #17

We ordered a table like the ones at either end of the sofa for between the recliners in our 36RL
Old 04-17-2013, 04:54 PM   #18

We have a table between our recliners and got it from Lowe's. Has a lamp in it and everything and will fit with the new Lane recliners. Go to Lowe's and check thier tables out.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #19

We don't have a sofa (because we have the garage instead), but I recall seeing the tables you are referring to when we looked at the other models -- thanks! It didn't occur to me I could order one. I will give Redwood a call tomorrow.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:24 PM   #20

Thanks for the suggestion - I wouldn't have thought to check Lowe's!