Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2015, 10:47 PM   #1

Outside TV

The only thing that I regret in choosing the 31SL is that it does not have the outside TV that the larger units have. Our MH had the outside entertainment and we actually used it quite often.

Has anyone added an outside TV on your own?

I was thinking I could put a 32" flat screen on a pivot arm on the curb side storage area. I thought maybe I could just drop a cable straight down from the bedroom TV using that satellite receiver basically mirroring what ever was on the bedroom TV. Or could I "Tee" into the cable and broadcast cables so that when I was in a park with cable, I could change the channel on that outside TV not being tied to the bedroom?

Thoughts or pics?

Larry
xtasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 10:56 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
That would work I have the moriyde swivel bracket on ours and it locks when you fold it back up. I have our outside tied into the bedroom one so it mirrors it. I can always get another reciever for the outside one if need be.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:38 PM   #3
Site Team

Somebody had put a TV in the basement on a bracket.
Old 12-24-2015, 02:56 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
I believe Atom Ant and Steve and Char have theirs in the basement
Old 12-24-2015, 03:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Wood View Post
I have the moriyde swivel bracket on ours.
Thanks for the information. I think this is the value of the forum! I thought that MORryde was just a suspension company...After looking at their brackets as well as their sliding trays, I think I can customize my basement very nicely!

Now if I could just get the trailer here (after the first one rolled), I could start working rather than dreaming..
Old 12-24-2015, 03:36 PM   #6

outside tv

I had contacted the factory about the same thing....While we still have not made our choice between the redwood 31sl or the heartland 365 syracuse, we asked the factory about installing the dinette and buffet table from a 36 into the 31 which is where the outside tv is installed. Although they have not returned my email I don't see why it wouldn't work ?
swannymh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 03:54 PM   #7

Swannymh, I think you'd be ahead if you got you're coach then did the customizing after, their work is not cheap or high quality. We ask when ordering about adding drawers next to oven & was quoted a price & told them never mind, had them & more done later for about a third of the price & 200% better quality.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 07:21 PM   #8

The first outside TVs for Redwood were in the basement. It's a cool bracket with gas shocks on either side. I just reach in and flip the TV down, and if I need in the basement I just give it a shove and it retracts. On the factory install, the cable inputs and outlet you have on the side of the basement wall actually were moved to the ceiling. I do have to put a TV cover on it because it gets scratched when I pull in and out the loungers. The TV is the same size as the bedroom, which I think is 26.

Takes a bit of room away from the basement and has kind of killed any idea of putting in a slide out freezer or stand up fridge in the basement, but its better than nothing, and really it puts the TV more in our patio area than it would have been on the slide.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 04-13-2013 Mills Creek Camp-009.jpg (124.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 04-09-2013 Sneak Peak Redwood-006.jpg (144.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 04-09-2013 Sneak Peak Redwood-059.jpg (182.3 KB, 15 views)
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 09:29 PM   #9

Brad, Those Pic's are really helpful! MORride makes a bracket that is similar and extends 20" (less the top Television measurement from the bracket). They also make a slider that mounts to the side wall. I do not know if I have the gas shocks on the door or just an upper latch.

Either way it looks doable
Old 12-24-2015, 10:23 PM   #10

We added a 29" Vizio in the basement using a flip down bracket that I obtained thru work. Locks up and out of the way. Pull the lever and lower it down when we want to use it. We use the 110v recep and coax plate that is on the left wall to use for over the air stations. Ran a HDMI cable at the same time so it is easy to watch a bluray or dvd outside if we want to. Removed the double pan light, since it was right in the middle. Ran new single lights far left and right. Installed a prefinished shelf type board to the floor joists from the bath deck above, then secured bracket for the tv. Hugs ceiling pretty well. It clears our Traeger PTG smoker and 20 LB propane bottle that ride in there just fine. Ours is a 2012 36RL. Sorry, but no label or model info on the bracket.

Chris and Maria
Attached Images
File Type: jpg truck and trailer.JPG (191.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg tv up.JPG (105.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg tv down.JPG (84.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2430.JPG (96.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2439.JPG (59.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2441.JPG (71.7 KB, 8 views)
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 11:43 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
Takes a bit of room away from the basement and has kind of killed any idea of putting in a slide out freezer or stand up fridge in the basement, but its better than nothing, and really it puts the TV more in our patio area than it would have been on the slide.
Brad, I am more impressed on how clean you keep your basement. I have had only one trip and my basement has a lot more stuff in it.
bergeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 08:19 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergeman View Post
Brad, I am more impressed on how clean you keep your basement. I have had only one trip and my basement has a lot more stuff in it.
Ha! that was delivery day. It has never looked like that since
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 07:50 AM   #13

I installed a side mounted, swing-out tv bracket on ours. I do not carry a TV in the basement do to our space requirements for full-timing. Instead I remove the one from the bedroom and slide it onto the bracket in the basement as needed. Works for us as we have only used the bedroom tv a few times in the past 3 years.