Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2012, 03:54 AM   #1

Hi Folks! I am fairly new to RVing, and this will be my first & probably last unit. I plan on traveling and living in it full time for the next few years. One of the BIG appeals to me in RVing is the "camping", outdoorsy camaraderie - which means getting OUT of your trailer - and to me, usually means grilling or eating outside.

Sooooo . . . a big deal to me was looking for a unit that had an outdoor kitchen option.

On the Redwood site in their picture gallery, pictures number 13, 14, 15 picture an "Ultimate BBQ" outdoor kitchen module, but I do not see any other reference to it in any of their floorplans or anywhere else on the site (that I can find). And ... it is not mentioned on the Standards or Options lists.

What's the buzz on that? Looks like it is a portable unit - is it stowable? Is it even available?

Anybody got any info on that?
Old 04-03-2012, 07:02 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn

Hi Folks! I am fairly new to RVing, and this will be my first & probably last unit. I plan on traveling and living in it full time for the next few years. One of the BIG appeals to me in RVing is the "camping", outdoorsy camaraderie - which means getting OUT of your trailer - and to me, usually means grilling or eating outside.

Sooooo . . . a big deal to me was looking for a unit that had an outdoor kitchen option.

On the Redwood site in their picture gallery, pictures number 13, 14, 15 picture an "Ultimate BBQ" outdoor kitchen module, but I do not see any other reference to it in any of their floorplans or anywhere else on the site (that I can find). And ... it is not mentioned on the Standards or Options lists.

What's the buzz on that? Looks like it is a portable unit - is it stowable? Is it even available?

First off..welcome to our little group. I saw that on the web as well and the only way I could see to hall it would be with the toy hauler trailer. It does look big
Old 04-03-2012, 07:21 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny
Quote:

First off..welcome to our little group. I saw that on the web as well and the only way I could see to hall it would be with the toy hauler trailer. It does look big

you might be able to haul it in the BR as well.

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:35 AM   #4

Not sure about that. It looks really, really heavy and looks to be as expensive as a 5th Wheel. I had to decide between buying the 5th Wheel or the Outdoor Kitchen.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:39 AM   #5

LOL!!!
Old 04-03-2012, 08:52 AM   #6

Thx for the welcome! I have been putting in a lot of time checking out different brands and models, and just happened across the Redwood website - first time I have found a floorplan that incorporates ALL my "must have" list - (except the outdoor kitchen). I'm starting to get really excited now.. The next thing is going to see the actual trailer ...

but - on your reply - I did consider the toy hauler option, but I figured you would have to have the hauler compartment, 'cause you put something that looks that good on the back hitch and that sucker would be history!!!
Old 04-03-2012, 10:16 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:

Thx for the welcome! I have been putting in a lot of time checking out different brands and models, and just happened across the Redwood website - first time I have found a floorplan that incorporates ALL my "must have" list - (except the outdoor kitchen). I'm starting to get really excited now.. The next thing is going to see the actual trailer ...

but - on your reply - I did consider the toy hauler option, but I figured you would have to have the hauler compartment, 'cause you put something that looks that good on the back hitch and that sucker would be history!!!
You can do a lot with outside cooking without getting that big grill. The outside kitchens are nice but I haven't seen any on the upper end trailers for some reason. I love the kitchen in the Redwoods and it was one of the selling points to us. The cabinets are real wood and not particle board. Also the the storage seems usable instead of just for looks
Old 04-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #8

We are picking ours up on the 16th of april, here is a picture of what the BBQ looks like

Hopefully this image will appear

John
Old 04-11-2012, 01:45 PM   #9

Very nice looking! Many happy BBQ's.
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #10

Looks nice but I would watch going in and out of driveways I sure would hate to drag it or swing into something. I'll bet its tough to beat for an outside kitchen.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #11

looks great, I bet thats a head turner.

Lillyputz
Old 04-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #12

I wonder if hes ready for all the questions about to come his way.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #13

Does it come with disk brakes and a lock

Lillyputz
Old 04-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #14

I sure will let all know how it travels as we have a 3 hour ride home from the dealer. I will start researching green egg website for cooking tips. Wil Update forum accordingly.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:13 PM   #15

Very nice! Tell The service tech at Lazy Days hi!!!
Please watch out for railroad crossings. One wheel will drop very close to them when crossing.
Just left the green egg store to pick up some natural wood charcoal to burn. That store was green egg heaven
Make sure the wife holds your wallet while you surf!!!

Have a safe and unevenful journey home!!!
benstefa1@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:31 PM   #16

John......it looks awesome. Nice job with the photo.
John317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:25 PM   #17

I have an IPAD with an AMEX inbedded. She won't know until she sees the bill, then it will be too late!! You gotta have gadgets!!! The bigger the better!!
Old 04-12-2012, 12:11 PM   #18
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLJDM

We are picking ours up on the 16th of april, here is a picture of what the BBQ looks like

Hopefully this image will appear

John

WOW! Now if only my wife wore roller skates.....she could cook while going down the road....meals on wheels.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #19

too funny dave... Those wheels can act as rollers for transitioning those steep inclines too.
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #20

Just joined this forum. We are looking to enlarge our space from an Airstream 31 Classic Limited 08, we are very pleased with its quality, solid hickory cabinets and etc. I noticed this EGG, a few months ago I was about to buy either the EGG or its competitor which is more oval shaped, boy was I suprised to see this ultimate BBQ setup!! I had originally seen one at the Top of Georgia Airstream Park on a permanent roller stand. Airstreamers are generally there parked for the season. The EGG will allow slow low temp smoking which can not be done on a normal metal BBQ. You can do all your cooking with its adjustable level racks. Its not light being ceramic of course but that is my choice just a proper fitting weather cover. In fact since it is mountede on the rear hitch which is a dead wind area you could continue smoking going down the road much like a tar roofing kettle! Here in SoFl you can see food trucks with a smoker hitched goin down I95 trailing smoking ribs!

We have a 2008 GMC 2500HD 4x4 Z71 crew diesel. Whicjh model can I safely haul down the road? wife makes 3 reasons to upgrade, washer/dryer, hideaway made-up bed & king size bed. Maybe also a place to put the garbage can out of the way.
chaimemet is offline   Reply With Quote