Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2012, 10:02 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklion

I have a 5,000 watt gen from cummins. Man does that thing suck thepropane. I was told I had the 40lb bottles, but discovered they were 30s. Another item the dealer got me on. Trying to find 40s but haven't been able to as of yet. We run the fireplace most of the time as it does a fine job, but only for the living area. Found only 2 of our floor vents put out heat so I'm guessing the others are either not connected or perhaps the hoses are smashed. Going to the factory in May with a laundry list for them to fix. My main MAJOR problem is outside on the sw corner of the bedroom slide. The side of the rig is actually cracking towards the front of the rv. Structural problem I'm guessing. Anyone else have this issue?
This is the first I've heard of any cracking
Old 12-28-2012, 12:38 AM   #22

I have heard and seen cracks from other FLs, but not on a RW. My only experience around this issue was caused by either a gooseneck adapter or the coach being put in a serious bind which created the crack.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:37 AM   #23

We had a crack on the front door slide of our 36fL coach. Redwood had to put an expansion joint in on both front slides and I think they are going to do that on future models.