Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #1

Just talked to Nate at Lifestlye RV in Grain Valley, MO. We ordered a 38 RL, they have new standard options such as, LED lighting throughout, G tires standard, his and hers armoire closets, single large sink, pull out cutting board above trash can, 4" additional bedroom height, led TV's, storage hatch built in in rear cap, and others. Pretty excited although would have liked to see it before ordering one. Oh and also led's in either awninig option.
Railcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:17 AM   #2

Well, I believe I now know what happened to the "New Carriage". Looks like The CEO's at Redwood couldn't change, what is now going to be 38RL, 38RE, & 38FL., enough to be the New Carriage.

"Redwood" will do what it does best, build nice 5ers.

Dave from Maine

Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #3

All sound good! I like the rear storage idea, kind of like LifeStyle
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant
Difference is, Redwood is using a nice large door in the back bumper area and opens up like a compartment door on some charter buses.

I'll see what all the competitors have for changes in January at the Super Show in Florida.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant
Difference is, Redwood is using a nice large door in the back bumper area and opens up like a compartment door on some charter buses.

I'll see what all the competitors have for changes in January at the Super Show in Florida.
just saw a picture on the other site. Looks great.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #6

We attended the Hershey, PA RV show in September and saw the new additions you mentioned. You will not be disappointed with your order. The updates are great. We ordered a 2014 and a half, that's what the factory reps called it, 36 RL and we are anxiously awaiting delivery. The buffet adjacent to the dining table is gorgeous as is the wall paneling and chair rail. We liked all of the enhancements and you will, too.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #7

Good Afternoon Atom,

Quick question! The wife and I will be taking delivery of our 38FL in Durango late this month or first part of November. I see you call Denver home as I do and am wondering whether you have pulled your Redwood home from the Durango area? I have plenty of experience towing trailers however, not a unit as big and heavy the Redwood. Inaddition, having to do this in the winter is causing me a bit of aniexty.

Can you recommend a plan of travel based on your experience? Please advise.

Thanks

Darrell
JellyStonePark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:49 AM   #8

Hey Darrell!

I assume you mean Tarpley! Great Dealer. We bought our Montana from in 2007 and we picked it up January 11! It was -17F and they washed the road dirt off and it froze so bad they couldn't get the door open until 2:00 in the afternoon.

I made three trips to Tarpley in the snow. I ended up staying in a hotel once for two days because it snowed too bad to get home. On our maiden voyage home, I just took 160 all the way to I-25 and home. Wolf creek was clear, but we hit some ice on LaVita. If it's snowing, just wait a few days or the patrol will make you chain up one braking wheel on the trailer and I didn't have any chains.

We have been back to Navaho Res, just short of Durango, with the Redwood and it does well over the pass. Wolf Creek is pretty tame anymore. Disk brakes are awesome.

PM me if I can be of any help! If it wasn't winter already, I could give you a few campgrounds to stay in by Creede! But I'm afraid they are closed now. We are jumping one of your birds to Maui in the AM, so I may be offline for a bit.

Enjoy that rig! Here we were on Wolf Creek with both our prior rigs, one being a bit heavier than the Redwood!

Edited by: atom ant
Old 10-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #9

Where can I find floorplans and pictures of the newly designed models?

Thanks,
jpdunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #10

check here periodically --http://www.redwood-rv.com/products/floor-plans

a couple of reasons why they are not kept up to date:
1) their IT staff of one can't keep up with coding changes
2) their marketing staff doesn't tell IT
3) production changes them on the fly
4) they don't want us that ordered yesterday to see all the upgrades they WON'T be getting
like "Storage compartment built into rear cap"

Edited by: johnboytoo
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:47 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdunc

Where can I find floorplans and pictures of the newly designed models?
Â*
Thanks,
They were posted on the Redwood site last night.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:35 AM   #12

Quite a coincidence...I had checked the website the previous day.

Thanks,
jpdunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:19 AM   #13

I went to the Hershey, PA show in Sept.& saw all the new 2014 models & couldn't believe all of the nice changes they made on the 2014. I took a lot of photos with pricing & will upload them to my Smug Mug account & put up a link. I have a 2013 36RL & like the 2014 so much I might trade mine in.
Some of the changes I noticed were:
LED lights built into the front cap that look so nice at night
Rear hatch storage in rear like a motor home
LED lighting built into the awnings, also curved aluminum covers that the awnings roll into
Nice LED TV built into the side of the coach where the dining room table is,so they added a credenza to cover the wiring inside
They have a S/S Samsung fridge a small house size the exact one I have in my house that I love. You do loose the last stack of drawers on your island & the under fridge drawer to accommodate the larger fridge.( not sure how this will work with the LP gas while traveling since it is for a house vs. the Norcold which is made for RV's)
Max Fan in bathroom
Much better quality LG LED TV's in bedroom & living room, I purchased these same TV's for mine & which made the picture quality so much better
Sliding cutting board above the trash can makes disposal easier
Long wall dresser at foot of bed different looks like better design
They hinged the door between the bedroom & hall against the bathroom side which mine is hinged on the side of W/D closet which is better when in the open position (hard to get around bed when door is open sticks out into bedroom with new hinging)
Everyone of the Redwoods at the show was already sold they were so nice.
If you are thinking of or have ordered a 2014 Redwood you will be very happy with the new changes.

blrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:36 AM   #14

Redwood has become notorious for upgrading changes approximately every six to eight weeks.

My DW and I will be at the RV Super Show in Tampa in January. These trailers will have changed at least twice by the time that show comes.

We'll be comparing the Redwood 38's to the DRV Elites and Lifestyle units.

Come on January!

Dave from Maine