Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2014, 12:13 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinita View Post
Based on the responses, we thought we would move ahead and enter into negotiations with the dealer. We sent e-mail early Saturday and never did receive a response. On their webpage, it appears that they have a deal in progress. Too bad we did not receive a response, but will keep on looking.

Your time to respond to my queries is appreciated,
Rick
Just because they have a deal in progress, don't forget about it, until the deal is final it could still fall through.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:19 AM   #22
Site Team

Don't worry there are a lot of Redwoods out there. I drove 7-8 hours to order mine.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:29 AM   #23

If it's meant to be it will happen.

when we pulled the trigger and made the decision to purchase a Redwood the dealer had a FB but it had a different interior and lacked several options we thought were essential. We chose to order our Redwood so we could get exactly what we wanted, the dealer tried to talk us into buying the one on the lot, well not too hard, but was very accommodating once he understood why we were ordering.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:11 AM   #24

Yep, I never thought I would have the patients to order anything, but we've ordered the last two rigs and its fun! This last time we ordered some options not even the Dealer had seen.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:54 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflame View Post
Just because they have a deal in progress, don't forget about it, until the deal is final it could still fall through.
True - they wanted a $500 deposit, and perhaps the deal may not go through depending on trade value etc., but at least a response to my e-mail from the salesperson was expected.

Rick
trinita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:50 AM   #26

AA, I agree 1/2 the items we ordered the dealer said wasn't available 'til I showed him that our list was printed from the RW website, salesman??
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:15 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinita View Post
Based on the responses, we thought we would move ahead and enter into negotiations with the dealer. We sent e-mail early Saturday and never did receive a response. On their webpage, it appears that they have a deal in progress. Too bad we did not receive a response, but will keep on looking.

Your time to respond to my queries is appreciated,
Rick
Rick,

When you get back to BC how about stopping in at Fraserway, they are by the airport in Abbotsford. Great people to deal with and they have a few RW's on the lot.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:30 PM   #28

We saw a new 2014 31SL, which would have been suitable for our 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 duramax, single rear wheels. Due to limited time here in Indio, we decided to let it slide. In addition, our check engine light came on Saturday evening, and the truck has been at the dealer since Monday, and no diagnosis yet on the engine fault. My wife broke her arm in the US, and we can't extend our medical insurance, so glad the RV purchase did not complicate matters
Old 03-25-2014, 08:38 PM   #29

Oh man is that a list - so sorry for the woes! Hope tomorrow is a brighter day!
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:41 AM   #30

We lucked out in that the vehicle was returned to us today. Despite codes for the catalytic converter and an injector, what it needed was a 'manual regen'. I guess driving the flat lands of southern CA and AZ did not put much of a load on the engine, sufficient to go into auto regen. I suspect once we hit the mtns of N. Calif, we will be be putting a load on the Duramax. We can leave tomorrow, barring strong winds forecast and get back to Canada by March 31.

The Redwood will await another time.

Rick