Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2017, 11:02 AM   #1

Thumbs up Lippert Customer Service!

I have to post this about the Lippert Customer Service Department in Goshen, IN.

I am in the process of returning home to Louisiana, after a 1000 plus trip to Goshen, IN. Over 2000 miles round trip.

The trip to Lippert was dictated by the need to get my Dining room slide fixed and corrected. And have the Squealing and Screaming of the slide moving in and out.

Now, some of you may know that the Hydraulic Slides on my 38RL need to be lubricated. Of course the REDWOOD Factory should have done this. But, since REDWOOD is only interested in mass production and NOT Customer service, this was where I stood. My unit is out of warranty as of September 2017 and as such REDWOOD has washed their hands of providing any assistance or responsibility. Simply put they would not help with this problem. My dealer was useless, after having it there twice for the same problem and they never fixed the problem.

Long story short. Made an appointment with Lippert Customer Service and took it to their service center. After diagnosing the problem, Lippert took the ball and ran. They had the slide problems resolved and repaired in 3 hours. Of course this was an out of pocket expense, but was worth every penny. THANK YOU LIPPERT!

Problem was pretty simple and something I can take care of during annual maintenance. There are 2 enclosed hydraulic piston systems in between the frame. These pistons systems are enclosed in Tubes with a nylon or plastic washer. When these washers get dry it will start squealing and screaming every time you retract the slides. Now, the Kitchen slide comes straight in and does not have the same setup, but you should use some Dry Lube on the hydraulic ram. Lippert cut 2 small holes in the underbelly to access the pistons. They sprayed the units with their CRC Dry Lube and amazing the squealing stopped. Now the slide moves in and out smoothly and without a bunch of noise. Lippert also adjusted the slide room itself, which was dragging near the door and digging into the carpet. Slide was never adjusted by REDWOOD and thus was causing all kinds of problems.
They used a product called DARKO Tape to replace and cover the access hole they cut out. Real Sticky Tape that won't come off easily.

MULTIPLE THUMBS UP TO LIPPERT and MEGA MEGA THUMBS DOWN TO REDWOOD and my Former Dealership.:banghead :

RVing is an adventure and having a repair it all the time REDWOOD is a totally different situation and I'll reserve my comments to being civil.

Let the bashing begin!
camper94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 12:44 PM   #2

Glad they took care of the problem. I’ve had contact with lippert service in the past always helpful and always solved the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-29-2017, 04:59 PM   #3

The whole issue could of been just that simple if RW/your dealer would've had you take it to them or better yet shipped for you to Lippert while you were still under warranty.
It's a bit like medical insurance, they'd rather jack you around til you're frustrated enough to just pay the bill.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 05:02 PM   #4

In the two dealings I've had with Lippert, they were quick to throw the RV manufacturer under the bus to save themselves. It was actually disheartening to hear how Lippert and Redwood talked about each other, especially when we were sold the line of bull called FIT, which was suppose to make that relationship seamless.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 05:17 PM   #5

Lippert's presence and performance at this past Redwood rally was to me nothing short of remarkable. They went over and above what you would expect regarding wholesale replacement of Level up components, slide room components and pin boxes. Not one time did I hear them question if a coach was or was not in the warranty period. I was very impressed.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 01:09 AM   #6

Just too bad that Lippert was a year too late for some of us on the Tri-Glide issues. I would have accepted a FlexAir in place of my Tri-Glide, but since they wouldn't own up to problems last year we went with Mor/Ryde's pin box.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 01:25 AM   #7
Site Team

I agree with Michelle. On the flip side, I'm very happy with the MorRyde.