Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2012, 03:55 PM   #61

we had a popping sound up front (driver's side), took it back to our dealership, they found a faulty breaker in line in the system. They fixed the breaker and we have not had a popping sound since.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:12 AM   #62

We had popping. Pretty much did what most suggested here. By adding blocks under levelers and shortening extension length the popping is gone.
WL
martaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:09 AM   #63

That's one of the things I've discovered about the popping too. The farther the jacks are extended the more noise the trailer makes.
Most of the popping I was originally concerned about, where there would be the sound accompanied by a sudden jerk, has all but gone away. I attribute that to air in the system that has worked it's way out. The only time I get the popping/jerk now is if I'm parked on softer ground and the jacks settle or if there are large temperature swings from day to night. The hydraulic fluid cools and contracts which allows the jacks to retract a wee bit. Of course I'm theorizing on those two situations causing the occasional popping sound but believing it gives me peace..
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:49 AM   #64

They did not "fix" poping problem in new units, I just picked up 2013 model and it has same issues as any other one. Please keep talking about it and hope there is a permanent fix for poping jacks.
John8545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by martaz

We had popping. Pretty much did what most suggested here. By adding blocks under levelers and shortening extension length the popping is gone.
WL
We also added blocks and low and behold no popping. (Why do we need jacks with all these blocks?)
Old 07-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #66

Other brands have the same popping noise. they are all by lippert.

Lillyputz
Old 07-07-2012, 08:59 PM   #67

We have traveled over 6K miles since 1 June, have stopped at approximately 20 sites, Leveled the coach at each site, have not had any popping noises or issues. We did blow two 10amp fuzes on the leveling system, easily fixed once I found the damn in line fuze. We have had the leveling system at all levels, at one point, the front was on the ground and the rear were fully extended, all without any popping noises. Hope you can get yours fixed.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:10 AM   #68

Our popping has stopped. We worked the jacks up and down and had the popping still. Finally we moved the unit and made sure the tires were on the ground and NO more popping and it has been 3 weeks.
Rooksfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:26 PM   #69

Have the same problem and seems to be getting worse. The popping is from the front. I feel that i need to relevel again because i think the front leveling jacks are compromised but not the case. Since it is up front i hear it more at night but if i'm outside up front and Jodi is moving around inside in the bedroom i will hear that popping noise also. Very wierd.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:03 PM   #70

I had the popping also. The first night you could here it more on the left front but both sides would do it. I also noticed that we were not perfectly level. So the next day I pulled out the manual and found out how to recalibrate the self leveling system. I had my 4 foot level with me and it was out 3/4'' L/R and 1/2" front to rear in 4 feet. So I put it in manual mode and got it just the way I wanted (perfect) and reset the self leveling system and I haven't heard anymore popping sound since. Maybe just coincident but she quit.

Full Timers in our 2013 36FL with MoRryde 8000# IS suspension. Pulled by 2012 Sport Chassis with Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch.
UNDRPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:50 PM   #71

Two days ago I called Bud at Lippert. When asked he stated that "it is normal ,but not really". Had no answer to the fix. He did say also that temperature variation could cause that popping. We are in Montana and the temperature will vary from sunset to sunrise and that is when we have the popping and vibration. However, it is on the front landing jack on the entry side of the unit. That is where the sun hits in the morning and earley afternoon. The unit is very high in the front so the jacks are extended and we are also using blocks. Unit was made in January this year I believe.
DonMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #72

Same time frame as ours. Jacks still popping after having the two front jacks replaced and pending onthe back four as soon as parts arrive.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:44 PM   #73

I've heard the same popping noises while the jacks are all down over the last year we've had our 2012 36RE. I swear I can feel the trailer move a tad sometimes.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:49 PM   #74

I do notice it drop with pops, over period of one week, droped down 2 deg., too much for my comfort.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #75

I forgot to mention that we also had leaks from three of our six jacks. Lippert sent replacement jacks (aluminum versus the steel that came with our unit) to our local mobile tech and covered three hours labor and return shipping. I paid for labor and shipping and got a check from Lippert in 10-days (a good thing).

The tech however did not know that after working on jacks that the Level Up system would need to be re-calibrated. You have to manually level the trailer, then a ten minute process to reset the controller. So far so good but we still have the popping noises coming from several jacks, and yes the trailer does move on the large pops.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:25 PM   #76

ours has and still pops constantly sense day one, even though I have cycled the jacks many many times.

Lillyputz
Old 08-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #77

Hi everyone, this is our first post but have been reading the forums since we ordered our 36FL the first week of June. We just picked up our coach Sat. and our still getting things in order. Tuesday the popping started in ours. Seems like it is comming from the front curb side (door side). I am going to add it to my list but will still keep reading the forums to see if anyone comes up with a fix. We are glad to be part of the Redwood family.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #78

Welcome CablesCorner. We had the popping sound but saw that our coach had 2 wheels off the ground. Moved the coach to a different spot and also releveled the coach a few times and NO more popping once we moved the coach to a new spot and different campground. welcome and have fun in your new coach.
Rooksfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:14 PM   #79

We bought tripod, seams poping has stoped. Got my fingers crossed till go for service.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:31 AM   #80

Hope you get the popping resolved. Sadly I have had many issues, but not popping. The site I was just at was awkward that the system lifted the back tires off the ground during the auto level! I have read that the problem gets worse the higher the jacks extend, but with the tires off the ground can't imagine them extending much further. I have never had popping & I did have times of high extension. I wonder about the main pump unit? I might not have the hydraulic popping but with slides out my RW creaks &pops all the time. Good luck with your hydraulic problem.
Lawr&Moe is offline   Reply With Quote