Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2020, 12:32 AM   #1

Led bulb replacement

I need to change a led bulb over my stove area in my 2016 39mb. I unscrewed the lens cover but don’t know how ( with out potentially breaking) to get the bulb out or where to get one, if I can figure out how to attach a photo to this post I will. Thanks in advance
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 4936DA20-4ED4-4545-922F-7812BEA750E8.jpeg (369.4 KB, 17 views)
Pockets52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 01:30 AM   #2

As far as I know, there is no replacement for those lites, just have to replace the entire lite assembly. Remove those three screws and pull down gently as there are spring arms holding it up into the ceiling.
We've been using our '16 39MB for 5 years, living in it approx 10 months of each year, so we have lots of hours on ours and haven't had one fail yet. Watch, now within the next 2 weeks we'll have one fail.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 01:49 AM   #3

Check with rvupgrades, they sell LED fixtures that look a lot like the halogen units in our older Redwood. For other folks that have the halogen units, rvupgrades sells replacement lens for them. They're ITC brand.
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 01:36 PM   #4

Thanks for the reply, good to hear that someone has spent that much time in a 39mb. We absolutely love the layout in ours but have had issues that get me going some days etc. dining room chairs failure, recliner material peeling, heater duct failure and so on. All of them but 1 are things that I can fix or replace. My slideouts or actually the way they are installed has got the molding twisting and separating and not sure what to do with it. RW has used the three year statute of limitations to deny their quality issues.LOL. We have been inthis unit for 15 months full time except for weekends at the lake in our 02 Carriage which has all original everything with no issues. Maybe I can ask you some questions about your slide out so I know what it should be so I can fix. Thanks for the light info
Old 04-23-2020, 01:57 PM   #5

Your's sounds similar to us. We've replaced the two dining chairs because they broke apart, have new furniture on order, had an issue with the two main slides right after purchase and RW replaced the living/dining slide cylinder and been fine since, we also had and issue with the bedroom cable slide gear box that NORCO replaced at the rally a couple of years ago.
We very seldom use the furnace since we try to stay out of cold weather and if it turns cool we have the Heat Pump option on both ACs that can warm us up in a hurry.
Don't know what exactly you slide issue is, but our Living/Dining slide does not set in the opening square, but it goes in and out without any issues.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 02:40 PM   #6

Pockets52, The led lights like your picture, have no user replaceable components. It comes all together as a light. Before you order and replace I would remove the 3 screws and take light down carefully just to make sure the wiring is still connected with the wire nuts or bell caps. Wires can loosen with vibration. You might wish to check the other light on the ceiling also as the lights might be daisy chained together and the other light wiring might be the one that could be loose.

2012 36RL, Full Body Paint, Dual Awning, Dual a/c, Splendide Combo, Fisher Paykel dishwasher, 6.5kW Onan, Goodyear G614's. 2015 F550 6.7l, 4X4, Lariat, CC, 176" WB, Long Box, B&W Companion
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 03:36 PM   #7

I will send you a slide photo and see if it is mounted differently. Oh and did I mention carpet being loose and a crease in the middle? My brother has his 2013 Redwood in RVPort next door to ours here on the farm and has no issues!! Carpet is perfect as well as all other items. My 18 year old carriage has perfect carpet and we have been all over the country in it!! Oh well quality workmanship is not what it was... even if RW says the have the ultimate full timer coach ��
Old 04-23-2020, 03:58 PM   #8

Replacement LED fixtures

I took defective fixture out, got numbers off the back, googled and landed on Amazon . 9.99 each, I ordered 2. Size and info are in attachment photo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 72EDF8F1-184B-4DCD-A82C-C7E125D0375F.jpg (109.1 KB, 14 views)
Old 04-23-2020, 05:23 PM   #9

After reading about issues with others with chair issues who have our vintage 39MB, I contacted the chair manufacturer direct, and they agreed that they had an issue with a chair supplier during that period and agreed to replace...shipping quoted was more than replacement chairs do gave up
Old 04-23-2020, 05:51 PM   #10

Photo of plywood spacer that was added align slide I assume but is causing moulding around slide out to crack & separate on both slides. Not the same on my brothers’ RW slideout , looks bad, not a retro, this is a factory fix for some alignment issue! Not sure what or how to fix🤬
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 8BE422CC-DC78-44E0-97C2-05C142173A1C.jpeg (299.6 KB, 12 views)
Old 04-24-2020, 02:22 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pockets52 View Post
I will send you a slide photo and see if it is mounted differently. Oh and did I mention carpet being loose and a crease in the middle? My brother has his 2013 Redwood in RVPort next door to ours here on the farm and has no issues!! Carpet is perfect as well as all other items. My 18 year old carriage has perfect carpet and we have been all over the country in it!! Oh well quality workmanship is not what it was... even if RW says the have the ultimate full timer coach ��
I have a 2013 31SL with the carpet loose in the middle of living room. I believe it to be the result of the dining slide stretching and puting pressure on the carpet when brought in for travel or storage. I have tried adjusting the slide but to no avail. I t' s not a big deal but irritating. If anyone has had their carpet fixed how was it fixed and what did it cost. My options I figure would be either place a rug over the carpet, ignore it, or try to buy exact same tile as in kitchen and extend the tile floor into the living area.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 12:26 PM   #12

We have a 2015 39MB and have replaced several of the ceiling lights. As noted the cheapest is from Amazon. We careful when you pull them down those wire springs snapback very hard.

We have had trouble with the door. Replaced friction hinges with non-friction. Large de nightshade in rear failed immediately. Generator transfer switch burned out. Exhaust fan over the kitchen maingear stripped out, replaced LP gas regulators. Heat strip in the AC unit last about a year.
RickF is offline   Reply With Quote