Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2018, 01:46 AM   #1

Leak in a 2016 36FB

I have a leak that is coming through in the basement passenger side. I started to take appart the ceiling panel in there. It appears to be following the water lines from the washer (I don’t have one) or shower area. Today I shut off the city water supply before leaving and still had leakage fall into the bucket.

Looking for suggestions to trouble shoot or fixes to try. I’m full time in it. I called a mobile tech and he can’t come out till next week.

TIA,
Katie
Kajohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:53 AM   #2
dmc

I traced a similar leak back to the faucet in my bathroom sink. Water was leaking from the cold water fitting underneath. Sealing the threads stopped the leak.

It took me awhile to locate the source. I didn’t see or feel any dripping under the sink. Water migrated quite a ways along the outside of the waterline to where it was dripping in the basement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 04:50 PM   #3

There are no lines in the basement ceiling, but the drain for shower/wash machine are just behind the basement wall along with the water lines. I'd suggest taking down the wall & tighten all drain/water connections.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 01:42 AM   #4

I have found that the Redwood 36FB has the most accessible water and sewer pipes of any fifth wheel I've owned or looked at. I'm one of these when shopping for a new 5er, want to crawl inside the basement and into the utility area to see just how easily one can get to all of the components, including the piping in the event a repair is needed in the future. Ours was very neatly laid out and none of the piping is located inside of a wall, with the exception of the vent stacks that go from the holding tanks up to the roof. They are run vertically inside much thicker interior walls, with the exception of the vent for the washer that is run vertically between the outside wall and a false wall in the washer/dryer closet. With the right tools and a basic knowledge in plumbing, a lay person can get to and fix most any water/sewer leak in a Redwood. You can see in the photos from when I installed our stack washer and dryer how the false wall is built in the rear of the W/D closet. Our unit came pre-plumbed and wired, so all I had to do was install the dryer vent assembly through the wall. Due to a conflict with the placement of the Redwood logo on the door side of our RV, I had to install this periscope vent to clear the logo where the vent outlet penetrates the outside wall. You can also see that all of the overhead wiring located throughout the ceiling was run inside the cavity created by the false wall, rather than inside the much thinner exterior wall. This turned out to be a very easy job for me to do, and I'm glad I did it myself because I don't believe I would have gotten the quality in the workmanship from the dealer's service center. Nor do I believe that they would have taken the time and extra expense to reroute the dryer vent with the periscope to miss the logo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WD inst 3.jpg (296.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg WD inst 4.jpg (190.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg WD inst 6.jpg (181.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg WD inst 7.jpg (110.9 KB, 7 views)
Eaton Fuller Super 10-speed Transmission
ET Senior Fifthwheel Hitch,articulating air ride pin box
Resident Lead Host @ Ross Prairie Trailhead & Campground
Gary Hage is offline   Reply With Quote