Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2012, 08:22 PM   #21

Mine would not work if the sun shined on it. We both got locked out 2 different times because the sun would shine on the keypad in the afternoon. Yes there is a procedure for programming the fobs.

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:12 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR2011
The RV lock company is a stand up company I contacted them from the internet and cade sent my key pad and fobs right away. I ordered my fobs on Friday and received them with my new key pad on Monday. Dave i thought you didn't want the fobs?
I didn't until you said you were having problems with the key pad not working Not sure I'll ever use them but if I didn't get them I'm sure I'd hear from the other half later.

Besides....it's got buttons and a battery...hell I gotta have some of that
Old 05-01-2012, 09:21 PM   #23

I hear ya why do think I bought them

Old 05-01-2012, 09:35 PM   #24

Please send me the contact info on the fobs. I surely do not want to miss out on the fun.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:36 PM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR2011
I hear ya why do think I bought them
Guys and their toys!
Old 05-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #26

Go to www.http://rvlock.com/ and join the fun you don't want to get left out

Old 05-01-2012, 09:47 PM   #27
Site Team

You know...in my house I have one remote that turns on the TV, dvd player and the sound system. Why can't some geeky engineer somewhere come up with a universal remote for all of our cars and trucks. I have to carry one for my truck, my wife's car and now one for the trailer. Besides that all of our company cars have them too. There has to be a better way!

Mae West had a famous saying "is that a pickle in your pocket or are you glad to see me?" Now today it would have to be changed to "are those key fobs in your pocket or are you glade to see me?"

Old 05-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #28

Thanks.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:06 AM   #29

Your welcome.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:04 AM   #30

Not going there...
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #31

I have had the same problem with my RVLock. I sent an email to the RVLock Co. and they replaced the key pad. My battery was corroded too. The manufacturer called me within minutes and sent me a replacement keypad and I had it in just a few days. I replaced the keypad and it worked fine for about 6 weeks and I discovered the 2 contacts that touch the side facing you when you are looking at the keypad (-), we not sticking out far enough to contact that side of the battery. I used a tool similar to a o-ring puller to bend the metal contact out and reinstalled the battery and the keypad worked fine.
As for the original problem, when I removed the keypad from the RV it looked like the rainwater was entering the keypad through the holes in the back of the keypad because the adhesive on the showed a dirt area where one of the screw holes was not sealed. One might consider applying the new key pad starting from one side and moving towards the other to prevent an air bubble behind the keypad. I would also consider the application of calking around the edge of the keypad leaving an area open at the for a possible drainage of necessary.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:00 AM   #32

We have two key pads on our 36FL. We have had problems with the living room/kitchen door key pad since day one. My dealer and another shop worked on it and it operated on and off but never consistently. A few days ago, it just stopped working. I sent a terse message to rvlocks.com and a gentleman by the name of Cade called me. We went through a series of resetting processes and nothing worked. He also stated you can sync both locks to work off of one key pad. The end result of our conversation is a new keypad, new handle and two key fobs coming my way, all without any cost to me. I do have to send the defective parts back. Cade stated that tlhis was his product and he was committed to customer satisfaction. I can certainly attest to that as he assured me we would have our replacements by this Wednesday and gave me his direct phone number to call so he could assist me in setting them up and performing the sync operation between both keypads.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:56 AM   #33

I agree, Cade has been super helpful and easy to work with.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:32 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper
I agree, Cade has been super helpful and easy to work with.

I ordered two key fobs from Chad at Poplocks. I could not get them to work. after going on there webb and talking with Chad, we realized I do not have a Poplocks system, even though in the redwood owners packet. the only instruction manual that came with this unitis for Poplock. The system I have is Rvlock. What a joke. Another thorn in my side. still have not got the paint and body work done.

Lillyputz
Old 07-15-2012, 06:06 PM   #35

Send a message via Yahoo to Babby
I'm with you Dave & Ginny~I don't want a fob.
I really love to walk in the rv resort and don't want to carry anything.
Babby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:07 PM   #36

Lillyputz, may I ask what type of body work needs to be done to your rig?
Old 07-15-2012, 06:10 PM   #37

We are loving all of the great information found on this site!
Old 07-15-2012, 06:13 PM   #38

Hey, surely there's an "app" for that? That really would be cool to download it to the cell phone.
Old 02-14-2015, 05:54 AM   #39

Redwood - "Keypad Door Lock"

Redwood Owner Community,

I recently bought an RW38GK which came with the Keypad / Keyless Door Lock. I was not provided the "from the factory" combination, and have gone through all my manuals which also do not contain any data sheet or factory default combination with the instructions to change and personalize the keypad lock code. Does anyone out there happen to have any answers regarding the default lock code, and what needs to be done to program it. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sean
Scm2900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 02:17 PM   #40

Sean,

There are two different locks used on these Redwoods, do you know which one you have?

Post a pic of the door lock, someone on here will be able to help.