Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2022, 04:25 PM   #1

Question Inverter Refrigerator and InCommand

I have installed solar panels and would like to connect additional sockets to the inverter, preferably through incommand Triggers.
Currently only the entertainment slide is powered, and the trigger on the InCommand for refrigerator/Inverter does not power the refrigerator when not connected. In addition, I would like to have power by the bed (for CPAP) and in the office (for laptops)

Are there any diagram/manuals how to connect additional sourced to the inverter? Any advice will be appreciated!

Motty
--------------------------
2019 Redwood 3881-ES
mottych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 04:42 PM   #2

Redwood/Keystone/Crossroads consider schematics for all of the systems onboard proprietary, so none are available. Even if they were it may or may not be anywhere near accurate for your particular rig, seems all are a bit different.
Hopefully there's someone on that can help you through it. I fortunately did not have the In-Command & from reading this & other forums wouldn't want it now. Give me a good Ole fashion switch or knob, they don't require me to put on my glasses or IT support from somewhere.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 02:12 PM   #3

Thank you, Travlin' Texans, for your reply

I actually do not have any issues with the InCommand system, I actually like it a lot the ability to control the camper from my phone is awesome!
InCommand provide full schematics for their control units, and the ability to customize and add triggers to the unit.

I am not looking for diagrams for exisiting wiring, but rather a diagram for items I need to add so that I can connect my solar system to various areas in the rig.
My inverter has 2 15a sockets, and I would like to feed additional resources like my office and refrigerator. I can easily locate the breaker, just need to know how to hook it up.

Happy travels!
Motty
Old 08-29-2022, 12:56 AM   #4

There is a outside chance the refrigerator outlet is located in the back of the slide out draws in the cabinets. you could just open the draw and leave a cord coiled up in the kitchen draws.... I may also suggest you get a good battery monitoring system like the Victron BMV-712 , most owners dont really see how deep they discharge their battery's. Two group 27 lead battery will barely run the refrigerator for 8 hours without taking the battery below 50% discharge while you drive, and the truck is connected to the RV.
Old 08-29-2022, 12:32 PM   #5

XCMARK - thabnks for the information
I do have a monitoring system installed and Lithium ion batteries. The think is - the refrigerator is not connected to the inverter so when I am not on shore power, it is off, even when I change the trigger in the inCommand.
I would also like to connect additional sockets - like the one on the bed frame, so i could use my CPAP at night. The only socket fed from the batteries/inverter is in the entertainment slide.
I guess what I am asking is - how do I connect additional breakers to the inverter output.

Best
Motty
Old 08-29-2022, 08:10 PM   #6

I have Victron 3000 watt inverter that has a built in automatic transfir switch. the 50 amp park power runs into it and connects the trailer on the load side of the inverter. Its seamless when I unplug from park power to inverter. The clock on the microwave never needs to be reset. the other great feature is it can be used to limit how much you're using the park power, if you're on a 20 amp or 30 amp site you can tell the inverter to only use what you tell it. Its adjustable from 9.5 amps to 50 amps in hole number . when it hits the limit you asked for it starts to use battery power for the additional power needed. I have a 1920 watt solar system on the roof that charges the battery so I can run the AC while its on the road . The same solar system can also supplement the lack of park power. In the middle of last July (temps in the mid 90's), we stayed at a park that has weak power and I limited our park usage to 22 amps and ran both AC during the day with the inverter and the solar helping out the park power.