Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2018, 11:30 PM   #1

Inverter question

I have a 2000w Xantrex converter as part of my solar install. 3-180 watt panels and 4-6v AGM batteries along with a 30 amp controller. When I turn on the inverter it will trigger its gfci and shut down. I've found that if I flip off the gfci breaker in the main control panel of the coach the inverter work fine. Is this a normal issue? I've read that how the shore power is connected in the transfer switch may cause some inverter issues. Batteries are charging fully and voltage reading after 6 hrs on inverter is 12.7+/-
I'll add that the inverter gfci trips even if there is no load, just having the main gfci breaker on in the control panel seems to do it. I'm using the generator pre-wired transfer switch as it was already there. When I turn on the inverter the re i the 30 sec delay, followed by the 2 minute surge protector delay. once the surge protector does its thing and allows power the inverter trips. Looking for thoughts or suggestions on how to rectify this issue.
Talisker is offline   Reply With Quote