Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2016, 04:21 AM   #1

Ice maker line...again

But in a good way. Had some time to fix the ice maker line today. Used the 10ft braided line from HD from the sink to the underbelly and spliced into the existing line that was good. We now have water and ice at the fridge with no leaks. Very pleased!

Paul & Tracy
2015 Redwood 38RL
2016 Ford F-350 6.7L CCLB KR DRW
1958 Rainbow TT (1958rainbow.blogspot.com)
1924 Ford Model T
Iceman1777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 02:18 PM   #2

Were you able to fish the line. Do you have the residential fridge. Did you replace the line behind the fridge. Thanks
rickc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 03:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickc View Post
Were you able to fish the line. Do you have the residential fridge. Did you replace the line behind the fridge. Thanks
Residential Whirlpool fridge in 38RL.

I had considered replacing the entire line, but the line behind the fridge was still good. The leak was in the underbelly at a crimped portion of the line directly under the sink that had abraided on the frame. When I found that (previously) I disconnected the line at the sink "T" and capped it. Yesterday I reopened the underbelly, cut the line and installed the splice hardware (got at HD) in the clear plastic line, and fished the new braided line from the sink attachment through the floor in the island. Other than having to open the underbelly, the splice is in a very accessible location.

I don't know what the conventional way of opening the underbelly is. I took a knife, cut the coroplast and insulation straight across a frame rail, and reinstalled with gorilla tape and this hardware I found in my spare parts bucket:

Paul & Tracy
2015 Redwood 38RL
2016 Ford F-350 6.7L CCLB KR DRW
1958 Rainbow TT (1958rainbow.blogspot.com)
1924 Ford Model T
Iceman1777 is offline   Reply With Quote