Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2012, 08:38 AM   #1

I have a 36 RL. There is a heat register on the ceiling of garage but no air comes out of it. I had my dealer check it out and he said it is just a vent hole that opens up into the space under the bed where the drawers are. It is his opinion that it does not tie into the heating system and is just there to allow air to flow from the space under the bed into the garage.

Does anyone else have a heat register on their garage ceiling and is it tied into the furnace system?
Sailorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:20 AM   #2

Here's my take on it, but remember it's only a guess on my part.
The Cold air return for the furnace is the one resister located in the bottom step to the bedroom, the vent area under the entrace way coat closet and also the two vents, the one under the dresser drawers and the one in the basement ceiling
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #3

We have the same setup as you all have on our 36RL. Cold air comes in from there. Have been toying with the idea of making removable panels to block them and retain our heat. The only thing stopping me is that I haven't found a heat register in the basement.
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:52 PM   #4

Quick question! The register under the dresser is open to the storage area where there is another register. No screen btw or anything. Am I air conditioning the storage area? What about bugs, etc?
Old 12-03-2012, 06:06 PM   #5

We haveNO heat in our bedroom (evidently as in other cases cited on this forum, the ductwork to the bedroom register was either never connected or was connected and came off). Our basement isVERY warm which makes me think there is a register or some other wayheat gets into the basement. Isn't it SUPPOSED to be heated? We were told it was a heated area (like the tanks, etc.)