Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2020, 12:09 PM   #1

Furnace duct work drawing

Does anyone know where I can find a drawing or skematic of a RW 39 MB? Look basically for mid bath and living room duct routing. Thanks
Pockets52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 03:54 PM   #2

I don't believe there is any drawing for the ductwork from Redwood. Possibly another owner has opened their underbelly to locate the heat ducts. The ducts should be mechanically fastened with screws instead of just the silver foil type duct tape. Large hose clamps work well to hold hoses to duct flanges.

2012 36RL, Full Body Paint, Dual Awning, Dual a/c, Splendide Combo, Fisher Paykel dishwasher, 6.5kW Onan, Goodyear G614's. 2015 F550 6.7l, 4X4, Lariat, CC, 176" WB, Long Box, B&W Companion
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 12:16 AM   #3

You will not find any schematics for any of the systems on a RW, they consider them proprietary. From my experience though there's no 2 RWs built the same, as far as wiring, plumbing or tv cables, so apparently the guys putting them together don't use drawings anyway.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 02:34 PM   #4

Furnace duct

I mis described the duct attachment issue, the two ducts were fastened to a flat plate with screws and were taped. The flat plate was what was taped to the overhead duct instead of being secured.

I will keep exploring, I blocked off all the vents in the bedroom and both bathrooms to see if I could get air flow to living room, no improvement. I suspect their is a blockage some where. I guess I will continue with my notes hope and see if I can determine issue before tearing into it. Probably something simple
Old 02-03-2020, 02:35 PM   #5

By the way I do have a coax skematic that in a fashion turned out accurate enough for me to trace everything out and now all works!
Old 02-08-2020, 05:48 PM   #6

Good luck with that. One of the reasons we got rid of ours was no heat in the living, kitchen area. Most was coming out in the utility area. The way the ductwork is installed is a joke. We never did figure ours out. 2016 39mb. Also many other problems. I could go on forever. Biggest pos I ever owned. I hope you didn't just buy it from Colton RV in buffalo ny because that is where we left ours. Good by redwood.
Chief AFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 11:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pockets52 View Post
I mis described the duct attachment issue, the two ducts were fastened to a flat plate with screws and were taped. The flat plate was what was taped to the overhead duct instead of being secured.

I will keep exploring, I blocked off all the vents in the bedroom and both bathrooms to see if I could get air flow to living room, no improvement. I suspect their is a blockage some where. I guess I will continue with my notes hope and see if I can determine issue before tearing into it. Probably something simple

The duct work may be disconnected somewhere in the basement. Good luck.
Elliott & Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 09:00 PM   #8

Furnace fuct

Well with the help of my trusty new borescope (Amazon) I have identified the cause of hardly any airflow in living/kitchen area but leaf blower velocity in mid bath room. When I used borescope to look from the living room vent, I would hit something but hard tto tell what it was as near the end of the 16’ length and hard to maneuver. So I then went in basement and took one of the flexible duct loose from the hard duct that feeds mid bath and Lr/ kitchen. This time I was going towards rear and just as I see the round duct for bath room it looks like the top of the duct has fallen down and almost totally blocking air flow past the mid bath. At this point, glad I found it but not sure yet how to fix . I don’t think can access from the bottom due to tanks, ideas welcome. I am wondering if this is a 2016 39MB issue, I wonder if anyone has had any similar issues and what the did
Old 02-09-2020, 11:11 PM   #9

I used one of those to follow the air conditioner ducts to the non-existent AC prep location. fortunately, the dealer and I did this before cutting a hole in the roof. If you need to use the scope again, attach it to a snake to improve you control.
Old 02-10-2020, 05:08 PM   #10

Do you recommend any particular species of snake to attach the borescope to? Haha
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 07:01 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat View Post
Do you recommend any particular species of snake to attach the borescope to? Haha
Put a mouse at the duct you want to find and use a rattlesnake to take the borescope to i
t.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:37 PM   #12

And check your spelling on duct
Old 02-10-2020, 11:15 PM   #13

If a snake is too flexible to reach as far as needed, and assuming there's room to use them, one could also try "fish sticks". Not the ones meant to be eaten, the ones electricians use to fish wires in walls, etc.
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 02:12 AM   #14

That's what I meant, not a snake - too stiff.