Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2016, 03:43 AM   #1

Fresh Water Plumbing Layout

An issue we have had since day one.. To get warmish or hot water to the kitchen sink, shower, or bath taps.. we have to let the water run for almost 3 minutes!!! yes i said 3 minutes! Thats a lot of wasted fresh water when you are boon docking/dry camping.
after looking at the current plumbing i`m seeing (what i believe) is at least 2 nu-necessary loops in the water system. Will post pics soon..

After using the exterior hose connections to water some freshly installed turf at our current summer site, less than 4 minutes of water usage, i had HOT WATER coming from the cold water.. tap through the garden hose., yes, only the cold water was turned on, and from what i have visualized, that tap, is plumbed into a series of t joints in the crawl space. ( i have never used this connection in 3 years.. go figure (coach was basically in storage for 2+ years)
I'm confident both issues are tied together/RELATED in a mis-plumbed water intake (city water) OR THE ENTIRE FRESH WATER SYSTEM.
I have search to forums and have yet to discover a plumbing diagram.. schematic for the water system for a 2013 36fl.

any help would be appreciated.
mesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:15 AM   #2

I called Redwood for the Sat / Cable layout for my unit and they sent it within 30 minutes. Call them in the AM.
Also a couple times I got Tom and he went out of his way to help me.
2015 38 GK
Cheryl & Wayne
ted 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 12:27 PM   #3

See if this helps...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Redwood 36FL Plans.pdf (162.4 KB, 86 views)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:15 PM   #4

Sounds like the check valve on outlet/top of the water heater has failed, at least that's where I'd start before replumbing the coach, it's inexpensive & somewhat easy to reach, be sure the buy the brass one not plastic.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 08:32 PM   #5

yes tyvm for the replies... as for the check valves on the water heater... we don't have one... either missing/omitted during assembly. or just forgotten who knows.. will post pics !!!! of our current plumbing lay out.. for some reason.. there is an extra (2) loops in the city water intake.. fresh and hot intake/return feed lines are interconnected.... go figure.. this unit, as much as we chose it for the layout.. has been one of the biggest thorns in my life... I am going to correct all the deficiencies... and make it right. Way too much $$$$ invested in something that should have been built properly to begin with... lesson learned...I`ll with hold my true feelings towards this company for now..

the list of things to repair and correct.. has grown to monumental proportions.. 3 years old.. less than 50 days use... GRRRRR.

My mods and upgrades... will post with pics..
Old 06-21-2016, 02:41 PM   #6

solved

NO!!!! check valves.. interconnected hot/cold lines.. defective bypass valve.. solution.. eliminate the by-pass valve entirely, and go with the standard 3 valve "T" type water heater by-pass. To winterize the unit, figure I have to flip the winterizing/city water-tank feed pump valve anyways... (while i`m in the crawl space) 3 more valves.. 30 seconds..done.. will post the repaired set up pics in the next few days..I`m off to the hardware store this am

notice the added insulation??? got a tip for those who camp/rv in cooler climates... especially those with fl layouts.. remove all the storage walls in your unit...and look.. at the entry step layout.. it was so nice to see that shiny metal step frame... in the coach area WITH NO INSULATION ON IT!!!! (in the floor/dead space areas).. can`t figure out why your floors next to the entry doors sweat on cold nights? Our floor mat has actually FROZEN yes i said frozen to the lino tiles due to condensation and extreme temp differences... Dramatic difference in the coach now that i actually added not just extra.. but any insulation to the metal of the stair frame that protrudes into the coach..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF4907.jpg (203.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4909.jpg (249.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4905.jpg (285.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0049.jpg (202.5 KB, 15 views)
Old 06-21-2016, 02:50 PM   #7

step insulation

spay adhesive... roxul r20 insulation.. (roxul will not retain moisture or mold) just make sure not to block off the return air flow duct space for the furnace..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF4911.jpg (249.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4912.jpg (240.3 KB, 13 views)
Old 06-21-2016, 02:59 PM   #8

Lookin' good. On my To-Do list.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 06:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
See if this helps...
Where do I get this Fresh Water Plumbing Plans for my rig....2013 RW36RL ?
I am dealing with a strange leak,(another post) & have a Mobile Tech coming out.
Plans would be great to have.
TroutTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 06:52 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutTravelers View Post
Where do I get this Fresh Water Plumbing Plans for my rig....2013 RW36RL ?
I am dealing with a strange leak,(another post) & have a Mobile Tech coming out.
Plans would be great to have.
Found them in the Library!!!! I thought I have seen them somewhere before. I am somewhat more prepared now for the Mobile Tech.
TroutTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote