Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2020, 02:19 PM   #1

Question Flooring replacement

Does anyone know where to get the information on the original rubber vinyl flooring used in my unit. I have a 3821RL 2018 that has a grayish with tan plank flooring look. I would like to purchase the same design just do not know what the pattern is called and who makes it. Magnet on one of my cabinets broke and a glass bowl (dumb I know) fell out and broke and pieces got up under my slide and ripped the floor. I would like to fix or replace with same flooring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200427_144627.jpg (237.8 KB, 14 views)
Villager4557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 03:21 PM   #2

Not sure where to get the flooring....At the dealership we ran into flooring issues from time to time and had to get things repaired....Here is what I discovered...first of all....a "good / experienced" floor layer can replace a section of vinyl flooring and only you will know where the work has been done (they do a good job)...But beware...as with anything that has shades of colour....the next piece of flooring will be from a different manufacture lot and may not match perfectly....this can be an initial issue as sometimes the flooring needs to be put into service for a while for things to fade or wear to match well...
Goodluck !
2015 38RL, Full Body Paint, Slide in Slide, full Laundry, RV Fridge, 5.5 Onan, Magnum Inverter Charger, Samlex Solar, Trav'ler Sat System. Heated Tanks, R.O. Filtration, Sailun Tires**2016 F-450, Reese 25K Elite
wintertree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 02:47 AM   #3

I had to fix a spot in my 2018 where a floor fastener popped up through the flooring. Trekwood RV.com sells the flooring. You need a big enough piece that you can find that same area of the pattern were the damage occured. You can also search under your cabinets or inside the basement behind the walls as to see if you can find some hidden place where there may be a match for the damaged area and cut the patch from there. Carefully line up the new piece above the damaged spot and tape it in place very securely. You don't want it to move when cutting. Then cut through both pieces at the same time with a really sharp blade and straight edge around the damaged area to make a neat square patch. Remove the damaged area and fill any dents in the base with wood putty and be sure the area is flat and clean. Then using some Armstrong S-761 8 oz. Floor Seam Adhesive from Amazon and glue the new piece in place. Do not by any other glue as this stuff will make the patch impossible to see. Use a wallpaper seam roller to get the patch to lay flat and wipe away any excess glue with a damp rag.
Old 07-25-2020, 10:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintertree View Post
Not sure where to get the flooring....At the dealership we ran into flooring issues from time to time and had to get things repaired....Here is what I discovered...first of all....a "good / experienced" floor layer can replace a section of vinyl flooring and only you will know where the work has been done (they do a good job)...But beware...as with anything that has shades of colour....the next piece of flooring will be from a different manufacture lot and may not match perfectly....this can be an initial issue as sometimes the flooring needs to be put into service for a while for things to fade or wear to match well...
Goodluck !
I do not like the carpet I have in my rv. Would you or anyone recommend putting vinyl flooring down?
shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 10:58 PM   #5

Many people are replacing their carpet area's with some sort of "none " carpet flooring...I have seen sheet vinyl ....strip plank vinyl....laminate....tile...etc....beware of flooring that has an actual thickness like laminate or similar....as the additional thickness can cause problems in certain area's.... with sheet vinyl...the flooring ply under the carpet may have to be detailed so any imperfections in the substrate do not telegraph thru the flooring and end up visible...some of your thicker vinyl flooring is very forgiving in this regards...If you are not flooring "savvy" it may be wise to hire a floor guy to do the work to get good results...beware some of the trims (wall to floor...like base board) may need to be replaced as they are easily damaged upon removal....good luck !
2015 38RL, Full Body Paint, Slide in Slide, full Laundry, RV Fridge, 5.5 Onan, Magnum Inverter Charger, Samlex Solar, Trav'ler Sat System. Heated Tanks, R.O. Filtration, Sailun Tires**2016 F-450, Reese 25K Elite
wintertree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 02:02 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Great info Wes