Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2013, 03:34 PM   #1

Having problem with auto leveling system. Out camping now on a fairly level spot. Was using "auto level" and suddenly the screen goes blank before it finishes leveling. Tried again with same results, blank screen before completely level. Noticed shore power was not completely plugged in and I guess battery (only have one)was not sufficiently charged to complete leveling process. Plugged in shore power, tried again with same results, blank screen before completely level green light displays. Now I have two tires off the ground, so I hook up trailer to truck, raise all legs and lower front legs, disconnect and try again with same results and after three tries again two tires are off the ground. Hook up to truck again, raise legs, turn off all power, turn off "red" battery switch, try turning on leveling system "on" button and no results as expected. Was trying to see if leveling system would reset with no power. Lowered front legs, disconnected from truck and tried to "auto level" again with same results, screen goes blank before complete leveling. Called dealer service rep and he said leveling system needs recalibrating. Anyone have this problem before? Anyone know how to recalibrate system?
Thanks,
Whistler
Whistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #2
Site Team

If you go on the Lipert web site there are directions on how to recalibrate. You may also find it on youtube. My screen went out and the factory sent me a new one but I was still able to run the system manually. There are 2 boxes in the basement by the service door. It's my understanding that one operates the slides and the other operates the Jacks. There are directions printed on them for overriding.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #3

I am wondering if your problem might be related to only one battery. If the dealer didn't replace the transport battery, it is probably a low power cheap one. You should actually have 2 batteries. A possible suggestion is if you can plug your cord into the truck without it being in the way of the trailer, and than try to level. You should have some additional power from the truck batteries. If it works ok than, you will know that the battery is the problem.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:59 PM   #4

check the menu on the level up system to determine status of batery level to operate the system. If you have a battery charger hook that up and see if it helps.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:07 PM   #5

Are you able to level the trailer in "manual mode".

If so, once trailer is manually leveled then you can start recalibration.

Shut off key pad. Push "front" button on key pad 10 times. Then immediately push "rear" button 10 times. You will then be prompted by your key pad. Follow what it says from there.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #6

make certain you are level before you recaliberate. sounds like what happened to mine. They replaced computer board.
pipeliner798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:38 PM   #7

Whistler - my 2012 31sl required the dealer to perform a Redwood Technical Bulletin. Prior to the fix my jacks would stop all the time and my controller would go blank. The Redwood bulletin address issues with the wiring/wiring harness and associate terminal blocks.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:06 AM   #8

Try manually raising the front your Redwood higher than the rear and then push "Auto-Level".
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote