Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2019, 11:50 PM   #1

Eternabond Tape

Here is a question for those of you who have used Eternabond tape.

I am having a problem at my house this winter with an ice-dam on the edge of the roof backing up water until it reaches my flashing around the vent pipe going through the roof. The normal calk type roof flashing sealant is not doing it's job and I am getting water through that flashing. My roofing material is normal asphalt shingle so it is kind of gritty.

I was thinking this spring (along with some strategically located heat tape) I might try putting Eternabond tape around the flashing but I am not sure if it would stick to shingles.

Thanks for any advise.
Old 02-14-2019, 02:11 PM   #2

I have used it, but do not think it would stick to shingles.... It may stick at first, but I don't think it would stay..
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 03:42 PM   #3

I would recommend Blackjack. That stuff sticks to everything. You can just paint it on or roll it, depending on the location. Available at most hardware stores. It is like liquid tar
Old 02-14-2019, 08:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtasee View Post
Here is a question for those of you who have used Eternabond tape.

I am having a problem at my house this winter with an ice-dam on the edge of the roof backing up water until it reaches my flashing around the vent pipe going through the roof. The normal calk type roof flashing sealant is not doing it's job and I am getting water through that flashing. My roofing material is normal asphalt shingle so it is kind of gritty.

I was thinking this spring (along with some strategically located heat tape) I might try putting Eternabond tape around the flashing but I am not sure if it would stick to shingles.

Thanks for any advise.

This is what you need, comes in a caulk tube or in a can and is brush-able. Very fluid, runs to the leak and seals it.

https://www.geocelusa.com/product/ge...lymer-sealant/
Highcountrybarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 04:40 PM   #5

vent stack

i understand this is on the vent stack in your brick house. just an FYI. house vent stacks have an inner PVC pipe and an outer Steel with the flange. be sure you have the "donut" that fits on the outside of the steel and inside of the PVC. otherwise in big rain storms or daming it can come between the 2 pipes and cause you water leaking probs.
2015 38 GK
Cheryl & Wayne
ted 95 is offline   Reply With Quote