Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2015, 12:30 AM   #21

Rob, leave some coffee as I'm right behind you on the 15th. They have done good work for me to this point. Having to finish work on the bedroom slide and the parts are there now! Good luck!
usaf1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:32 AM   #22

Great Jay, hope your side repairs go well.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 02:54 AM   #23
S&K

This is an update to our annual inspection. Since Explore USA (Seguin, TX) didn't have the parts to fix our issues with the windows, they ordered them and we took it back yesterday 4/21/15. When we dropped it off, and they started on it right away!

We had asked if they would re-pack the wheel bearings, and they said they would if it required it. Some 2014 models did not require it, but ours did. We got to hang around and watch them do it, so we could see how to do it ourselves next time around. Just doing that, we were able to pick the mind of the service tech for quite some time and learn a lot!

Warranty wise, they replaced the crank unit on one of our windows and on the bedroom (vanity) side they replaced the seal. There was a significant tear in it which caused it to leak in water when it rained pretty hard. All fixed now.

They taught us how to fix the bedroom slide when it seems to get 'out of sync'. There were a couple of things that weren't really 'warranty issues' that they just 'fixed' because we asked about them, no charge.

All in all, it again was a great service visit and I would recommend them again and again. Both Amanda and Carol are both excellent to work with and will work through all the issues until they are finished.

2014 RW36FB
2014 F-350 CC DRW, 25K Reese, Roll-n-Loc, Rhino Liner
'Half-timer' - Full time retired, tho!
Ken & Shelley
S&K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 02:02 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&K View Post
This is an update to our annual inspection. Since Explore USA (Seguin, TX) didn't have the parts to fix our issues with the windows, they ordered them and we took it back yesterday 4/21/15. When we dropped it off, and they started on it right away!

We had asked if they would re-pack the wheel bearings, and they said they would if it required it. Some 2014 models did not require it, but ours did. We got to hang around and watch them do it, so we could see how to do it ourselves next time around. Just doing that, we were able to pick the mind of the service tech for quite some time and learn a lot!

Warranty wise, they replaced the crank unit on one of our windows and on the bedroom (vanity) side they replaced the seal. There was a significant tear in it which caused it to leak in water when it rained pretty hard. All fixed now.

They taught us how to fix the bedroom slide when it seems to get 'out of sync'. There were a couple of things that weren't really 'warranty issues' that they just 'fixed' because we asked about them, no charge.

All in all, it again was a great service visit and I would recommend them again and again. Both Amanda and Carol are both excellent to work with and will work through all the issues until they are finished.
That's really great news. I hope that this is an indication that Exploreusa is rethinking their customer service quality. I wouldn't mind having them work on mine if I felt they new what they were doing.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:17 PM   #25

Quote:
We had asked if they would re-pack the wheel bearings, and they said they would if it required it. Some 2014 models did not require it, but ours did.
Good news! Wonder what they meant by the above?? Age (not due yet) or different bearings.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:28 PM   #26

I would venture to say it's the sequin store and not all of them (IMHO and experience)
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 03:25 AM   #27
S&K

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
Good news! Wonder what they meant by the above?? Age (not due yet) or different bearings.
They started putting in 'sealed' bearings apparently. Ours wasn't part of that.

2014 RW36FB
Ken & Shelley
Old 04-24-2015, 03:23 PM   #28

Quote:
They started putting in 'sealed' bearings apparently. Ours wasn't part of that.
Are you talking about a "Never-lube" bearing? I'm not sure what you mean........sealed bearing? I did have Never-lube on a prior fifth wheel and loved them. They are supposed to last for 100,000 miles. It's great to not have to worry about lubing the bearings.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:39 PM   #29
S&K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy View Post
Are you talking about a "Never-lube" bearing? I'm not sure what you mean........sealed bearing? I did have Never-lube on a prior fifth wheel and loved them. They are supposed to last for 100,000 miles. It's great to not have to worry about lubing the bearings.
Same thing, different words. I try to use words I understand and do my best not to use words like "thingamajig" to describe something.

2014 RW36FB
Ken & Shelley
Old 04-24-2015, 03:50 PM   #30

Unfortunately I got the greezy leaky get your hands messy kind
Old 04-24-2015, 04:23 PM   #31

Quote:
Same thing, different words. I try to use words I understand and do my best not to use words like "thingamajig" to describe something.
I didn't realize Redwood was installing Nev-R-Lube or even offering it as an option. Thanks for the clarification. Now, if I could just get a "what-u-ma-call-it", I could get the "doo-hinky" installed!!
Old 04-24-2015, 05:17 PM   #32

I wonder if the Dealer meant across all brands he carries, some 2014s require packing and some do not. I didn't realize Redwood ever went to sealed bearings either.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:32 PM   #33

If they are the sealed Chinese bearings they should/would last about a week before turning to dust.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 11:02 PM   #34

not if they use Chinese grease.

then they only last 3 days.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:38 PM   #35

We had the Never-Lube installed on our Montana when we had the IS and Disc Brakes done. I asked the Mor/ryde Tech his opinion and he thought they we OK for light to medium weight trailers, but not for the heavier units. And seeing the way they're put together I think I would have to agree, and since they're over a hundred bucks each I just can't see RW using them, but who knows. Would interesting to really know.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 12:15 AM   #36

What does Never-Lube look like, or how would I know if I have them?
Old 05-08-2015, 06:16 AM   #37

We are currently negotiating with ExploreUSA in San Antonio for our first Redwood. As I have been following this forum for the past 2 years, I remembered some negative posts, some of them horrific, about some Explore dealers. I would like some feedback, good or bad about this San Antonio Explore dealer. We are in SoCal, and our one and only local dealer is dropping the RW line. I also have seen that the new 2016 models are being listed about 6-8% higher than the 2015's, which is why I started looking nationwide. This Explore dealer has a really good deal on a 2015 model, and there are other 2015's out there as well, but I would imagine they will go relatively quick. It would be about 6 months sooner than we had planned on purchasing, but with the increased price, it may be worth getting soon. We will be FTing in about a year, so warranty service becomes an issue while we are still in California. How critical is it to have warranty work done by the purchasing dealer? Thanks forward for your advice on this issue.
RV4us2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 10:54 AM   #38

The San Antonio explore is OK but I haven't been back since they moved locations. We bought our first sob there and hated the service they gave in return. Just look the other way for the Austin location. Completely horrible there but the Seguin location has bent over backwards to make things right. As soon as crossroads quite sitting on there thumbs ...our 2016 gk should be shipped there for our trade in with our 2014 br
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
DLRAKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 05:05 PM   #39

The Boerne location of ExploreUS got me in in 2 days for a warranty repair even though I bought my Redwood in Maine. I spoke with the sales staff at the San Antonio RV Show, and will buy my next RV from them.
Elliott & Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 03:35 AM   #40

Boerne Explore USA has been great

My wife and I recently bought a 2015 RL from Explore USA in Boerne. We first visited the new location in San Antonio but were not treated the way we felt we should be for a high end purchase. Went to Boerne and they made it right.
Love our new rig! Just spent our first night in it at Guadalupe River RV resort in Kerrville and only had one issue - a leak in a propane line which we will try to get fixed next week. Can't wait to pull it around this summer!
Mike and Paula is offline   Reply With Quote