Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2014, 04:34 PM   #21

Guy - I agree, it is a critical component of quality workmanship. I always ensured our Estimators/Project Managers had included costs for clean-up and de-mobilisation.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:34 PM   #22

I agree if this was something you would see when you walk into the trailer, but this is stuff that is in or behind the walls not something that is outside and easily cleaned up like detailing a vehicle. This would be a continuous job as the trailer is assembled. When you talk about your truck, have you ever checked into the heater vents, under the floor covers or pads in the hidden spots that you cannot see, etc. You would be adding several hours of work for somebody to clean the areas that get the saw dust and some construction scraps. Cleaning up a little mess if I get in that area or it sifts out because of travel doesn't bother me as much as having to spend an amount which could add up to a hundred dollars or better for someone to spend their time cleaning up all this. These aren't like open easily accessible areas that a person could go into with a shop vac and cleaning materials and take care of in a few minutes. Somebody would have to clean the trailer as it being built.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:28 PM   #23

I think I'll send a note to RW because I still don't understand why a 90, or even 100A, converter is needed to charge batteries.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:39 PM   #24

Probably not so much anymore if you have all LED lighting, but with the original halogens, if you turned them all on at once that "D" sized OEM battery would turn it's self inside-out (ours came with a tiny no-name with no label and was almost lost in the battery box).
Plus remember the converter only puts that level out if it detects the need, such as leveling up and putting the slides out, that takes quite a draw from the Battery/Batteries and will bring them back up quickly.
During normal operation it's just putting out a trickle charge to keep the batteries topped off.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:46 PM   #25

We have a 36FL and the converter is in the basement (rear area close to the back wall) behind the wall that the vacuum and awning switch are located. Just a recommend, keep a battery charger with you just in case your converter stops working, you can keep batteries charged and your systems will work.