Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2012, 08:53 AM   #1

My DW wanted more light in the kitchen of our 36FL so I went to Home Depot and picked up a light kit for the ceiling fan. It was an easy install and does a great job of lighting up the kitchen. Especially the table area where my DW spends time doing school work. She thinks I'm wonderful and I get a kick out of proving her right.

TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:41 AM   #2

Hi, I read your post and I have been wanting to add a light to my ceiling fan also. but, I was told that I could not because it was not 110 as in a house but 120v.
What is yours and how did you solve the problem if you even had a problem such as mine? Thank you so very much

traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:40 PM   #3

I went to Home Depot, bought a light kit, installed it and have had no problems, been using it for 8 months
Old 05-10-2013, 04:19 PM   #4

Someone is giving you bad information. Household current is rated at 120 volts as is the A.C current in your trailer. The ceiling light is also 120 volts.
I bought my light kit from Home Depot and it bolted right up. I didn't even have to mess with the wiring because there is a light plug already in the Redwood ceiling fan. You'll see it when you take the cover off the bottom of the fan.
Easy upgrade..
I put rubber bands, the ones that come on asparagus, around the globes and it seems to help keep the screws from backing out between campgrounds.
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:01 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler
Hi, I read your post and I have been wanting to add a light to my ceiling fan also. but, I was told that I could not because it was not 110 as in a house but 120v.
What is yours and how did you solve the problem if you even had a problem such as mine? Thank you so very much

I agree....you were given some erroneous information. 110 VAC, 115 VAC and 120 VAC are just different designations for the same thing. These various designations have developed in different regions of the country. Line voltage rangesfor household ratings by the standards are typically specified as 115 VAC (90 to 132 VAC) or 208 / 230 VAC (180 to 264 VAC).

You will be fine with light kit upgrade.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote