Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2012, 04:53 PM   #1

I have a 2012 36 RE. Imagine my surprise when I went to check the water level in the batteries, andI find two battery boxes and only one battery. Is this standard in all units? I have an issue with my 12 volt lights pulsating and I was wondering if it woud have anything to do with only having one battery. Any thoughts would be greatlt appreciated.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:18 PM   #2
Site Team

They come standard with one battery, the dealers usually charge for the second (mine did).

Old 07-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #3

One battery. Dealer installed my second one free.
Great Canadian Dearler
Old 07-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campers
Great Canadian Dearler
Glad to hear you have great dealers up there. Just one more reason when this country goes down the tubes to head North It probably wont be long
Old 07-29-2012, 07:16 PM   #5

I pick up my 2012 36 RE this coming Thrusday from Storm Runner RV in Bayfield Ontario. He is putting in 2 batteries no cost. We are making the move up from our 2010 27.5 KZ Durango 1500. Can't wait for Thrusday to come. As with all new units I figure there will be issues at first. I plan to go over the unit with a fine tooth comb during the PDI process.

Hoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:25 PM   #6
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campers
Great Canadian Dearler
Glad to hear you have great dealers up there. Just one more reason when this country goes down the tubes to head North It probably wont be long

No ones heading north we are going to hire the Mexicans to build us a wall ha ha ha

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:00 AM   #7

And you thought the wall of china is long. Wow!
Old 07-31-2012, 01:13 AM   #8

We just need to ship the gun toting lunatics from both countries to Syria... Bad news in Toronto and USA over the past few weeks. Glad we have the Olympics to cheer us up!

Old 07-31-2012, 01:29 AM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPAjax
We just need to ship the gun toting lunatics from both countries to Syria... Bad news in Toronto and USA over the past few weeks. Glad we have the Olympics to cheer us up!
That's why I can't camp in Canada, I always pack a piece in my rig just in case. You just never know what's going to find you in the wilderness while you're trying to enjoy nature.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:27 PM   #10

You can always borrow one from a neighbor,Western Canada has lots to spare
Lawr&Moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:48 PM   #11

When you put in Batteries get the biggest amp hour you can get I learn the hard way if you need heat overnight the standard ones run out before the morning comes
Beechguyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #12

Can someone tell me how the batteries should be wired? I have the 31SL (got it in April, 2012) with two 12 volt <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1lace>NAPA</st1lace></st1:City> 27DCM batteries and the Onan generator. The folks at the dealership took everything apart (factory had drilled into the fresh water tank and it leaked - new tank, everything in battery compartment came out too). Batteries are dead after a week of sitting. <st1:City><st1lace>NAPA</st1lace></st1:City> said the batteries are ok. I think I say a post (cannot find it) saying back battery connected to front battery, negative to negative, positive to positive. Front battery connected to generator, positive (red tape) and negative (black tape). Cannot tell how if the connections from battery to back wall strip are correct both cables are red and have blue plastic at connection point. Dealership keeps RV two weeks for everything and I would like to make sure this is right. You folks know more than they do so Please Help!

Thanks!