Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2013, 10:04 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyputz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriana
We hope the forum continues, as being new to RW and also RV'ing this forum has been invaluable to us over the past 6 months. Information on this forum has saved numerous calls and emails to the dealer/RW and also provided us with the information required to complete an effective pre-delivery inspection.

The negative comments didn't impact our decision to purchase a RW, as the greatest majority are positive. We also choose to no longer read their postings.
Keep your head in the sand. That makes it all better.

Lillyputz.
Wow, John didn't add the "ass" part like mine. Guess I'm better at causing a stir
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:25 PM   #22
Site Team

Yea Brad...I guess you win the award on how to piss John off
Old 05-23-2013, 09:52 AM   #23

Hey Brad - thanks for copying that one, I must have missed it.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #24

I'm sure we all know by now that RW is the ONLY Mfr that has problems. All other RV Mfrs produce 100% zero defect units 100% of the time------NOT. Go look at some of the high end RV forums, like Moble Suites and see the number of dissatified customers there. Even Montana with it's number 1 sales rating for the past 9 or 10 years, you'll find folks that aren't happy, but a majority are.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #25

I am glad that I have the opportunity to make choices in my life.... I bought a 2010 Ford F350 King Ranch back in 2010 and that truck turned out to be a lemon. I tried to get Ford to help, but they chose not to. So I traded the truck in for a Ram in 2011. I was sad that Ford would not help, but they took there stand and I took mine. Now I am 95% sure I would not own another Ford product in my life. Will it impact Ford....nope. Will it make me happy...yup. Maybe some folks should take the same course of action....trade their unhappiness in for something that will make them happy and move on. Life is too short to spend this much time being unhappy....

Old 05-23-2013, 10:58 AM   #26

Folks,
My DW and I spent 4 years looking at buses and 5th wheels, I saw so much trim work inside the units that was less than PERFECT. I was unable to find the same in the show REDWOODS.
My thinking was that if they can't produce a SHOW RV without easily seen blemishes. What chance do you have of getting 1 that is high quality.
Now I admit, I started the topic "what has your RV dealer fixed for YOU", the question was designed to help me see issues particular to A 36FL that I might need to checkout on my UNIT. I was hoping to solve issues before going full time. So far everthing has been very minor.
Little long winded; REDWOODS SEEM to be built very well.
Herb & Sue
Old 05-23-2013, 11:07 AM   #27
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771

I'm sure we all know by now that RW is the ONLY Mfr that has problems. All other RV Mfrs produce 100% zero defect units 100% of the time------NOT. Go look at some of the high end RV forums, like Moble Suites and see the number of dissatified customers there. Even Montana with it's number 1 sales rating for the past 9 or 10 years, you'll find folks that aren't happy, but a majority are.
Some folks just make a hobby out of complaining because it's easier to point their finger at others instead of facing their own faults.

I ran into a guy about 6 years ago with a Teton, which was a beautiful (but heavy) rig. He said it was a big piece of junk and regretted buying it. His biggest complaint was the roof because it was leaking which had caused other problems both inside and out. I climbed on his roof to see if I could help him and saw where he had obviously scraped a tree. He fixed the scrape with what looked like bath tub caulking, which he had done 6 months prior. Now his ceiling was warping and water was in his walls. He also showed me some loose hinges, a few lights that didn't work and a loose faucet. All of these items were typical maintenance issues for RVs which he didn't keep up on.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:20 AM   #28

I wonder if Carriage forum is different than ours?

http://carriageowners.net/
Old 05-24-2013, 10:14 AM   #29

It appears to have been created by Carriage owners whereas this forum was created by Redwood.
The Carriage forum software is from Simple Machines LLC , Redwood's is from Web Wiz Forums.
I noticed posts on the Carriage forum dating back to 2008 which precedes Redwood by 3 or 4 years so my opinion is no, it is not the same as this forum.
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:16 PM   #30

So has anyone giving any though how to stay in touch with everyone after (if and when) they shut down the forum? I would like to stay in touch with most everyone on here. I think there is alot of great information relayed between us. I also think that if RW would have monitored the forum more they could have used some of this information on the lines. We are on the front lines. Some of us would rather fix our coaches ourselves then to spend the some times $100’s to tow to a dealer only to have them not fix it right or make you wait to get back on the road. I for the most part don't mind fixing the things, and actually enjoy doing it. After it's done I sometimes shake my head and wonder what RW was thinking. I too found this forum very informative and have the since to look pass the chronic complainer who’s opinion also has a small (very small) value on my decision on our purchase of our 36FL. That is the whole purpose of a forum is to hear all sides, good and bad. The buyers want to read about the trouble some are having to see what the worse case might be and sometimes can read into whether or not they themselves could do something that might prevent it from happing to them. This forum has been great! You just have to read through the BS. If anyone is looking for only the perfect comments on their products then I would hate to say it but you shouldn’t be in business. We don't live in a perfect world. Things happen. But you should be able to read through it and make your own decision.

Full Timers in our 2013 36FL with MoRryde 8000# IS suspension. Pulled by 2012 Sport Chassis with Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch.
UNDRPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:18 PM   #31

x2

SW1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:18 PM   #32

I couldn't agree more.

SW1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:42 PM   #33

We traded in our 2005 Carriage Carri-lite 5 slide in on our 2012 Redwood 36RL. The Carriage had been a good unit, but we like the Redwood, and we had been in an accident in 2009 in Oregon that did structural damage in the pin box area. I was seeing some minor indications that I could possible have problems in the future so we decided to make the switch. (just a little background of me with Carriage.) We joined the Carriage Club the first year after we bought, the main reason was to get their newsletter. We dropped it after the first year because the newsletter basically just covered their rally's etc. and nothing really from the factory. From what I understand, Carriage gave a little support to the club, but the members are the ones that provided most of the financial support and managing of the club. I used to be on their forum but my login is no longer good. I don't know what the history of this forum is as far as getting started, but if somebody could give me the information, or direct me to somebody that does, I will try to get some answers. Did Redwood start this site and now they want to turn it over to somebody else? Are they looking for somebody to pay for the domain and operation of the site? I'm not a computer guru, but maybe I can find out what direction the forum is going and what needs to be done to keep it going. If you have information you can post it here or email me at rcflame@gmail.com
Old 05-24-2013, 09:52 PM   #34

They shut down the Crossroads forum for awhile and many of their members migrated to Thorforums.com to stay in touch. Many suspected that owner complaints was the reason Crossroads shut it down. Turns out they were installing new software and when the forum was back up, so were all the previous posts. Including the not so complimentary ones.

If the rumor is true and Redwood gets rid of this forum we can all just go to Thorforums.com and continue our discussions there. They aren't owned or operated by Thor so honest complaints about their products or services won't be banned or blocked. They are also moderated so if a member goes on and on and on about their Redwood or is abusive toward another forum member, the moderator can and will warn them. If that isn't enough they can be banned.

BTW... The Redwood on their homepage is my 36FL along with my Ram dually. The picture was taken at the KOA in Wythville Virginia.
Some months back many of us were asking Redwood to expand the topics in this forum. Redwood didn't and still hasn't.</span>
I was a member of the Forest River Forum when I had my Rockwood and they had a great forum so I asked the owner of that forum to look into creating a Redwood forum for us. Instead they created thorforums.com and designed it to cover all of Thor's products. They also asked me to send them a picture of my Redwood so they could use it in the webpage design.</span>
</span>
</span>
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #35

Do I have my head in sand?

Where is everyone coming up with the end of the Redwood forum?

Thor's had its own forum for sometime covering Redwoods and other Thor makes. Carriage has a forum and is about what has been manufactured in its past.Little unsure how the "new" Carriage will play into that forum or, at all.

Dave from Maine
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:59 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelinAnderson
They shut down the Crossroads forum for awhile and many of their members migrated to Thorforums.com to stay in touch. Many suspected that owner complaints was the reason Crossroads shut it down. Turns out they were installing new software and when the forum was back up, so were all the previous posts. Including the not so complimentary ones.

If the rumor is true and Redwood gets rid of this forum we can all just go to Thorforums.com and continue our discussions there. They aren't owned or operated by Thor so honest complaints about their products or services won't be banned or blocked. They are also moderated so if a member goes on and on and on about their Redwood or is abusive toward another forum member, the moderator can and will warn them. If that isn't enough they can be banned.

BTW... The Redwood on their homepage is my 36FL along with my Ram dually. The picture was taken at the KOA in Wythville Virginia.
Some months back many of us were asking Redwood to expand the topics in this forum. Redwood didn't and still hasn't.</span>
I was a member of the Forest River Forum when I had my Rockwood and they had a great forum so I asked the owner of that forum to look into creating a Redwood forum for us. Instead they created thorforums.com and designed it to cover all of Thor's products. They also asked me to send them a picture of my Redwood so they could use it in the webpage design.</span>
</span>
</span>
Thank you for sharing the incite and history.
2013 36 RL
subdoc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:03 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelinAnderson

Apparently, you read my mind while I was writing my previous post. IT'S A RUMOR.

Thanks,

Dave from Maine</span>
</span>
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote