Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2012, 02:46 PM   #1

We just turned our living air conditioner on and it is not blowing out any air. It is on and we can hear it but no air. Has anyone experienced this? John messed with fusses and then it finally came on BUT........... He did not have anything blown or he did not replace any fuses.Edited by: Rooksfive
Rooksfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #2

What have you found out about your AC ? I have problems also with cooling. Second AC has no cool air. AC number one barley keeps the place cool in 87 degree weather. Cannot get to dealer untill Sept.
DonMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

Call RW inhousechstomer service (Alicia Dunafin) 1-574-457=7821 see if she can authorize someone to come to you under warranty....If you purchased extended warranty call them they will come out or call Bud in Maintenance 1-574-322-1996 and maybe he can walk you thu some tests
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:16 AM   #4

My AC worked from beginning but some extra pieces of duct tape blew down the duct and pluggeda ceiling register. I just removed them. Im at a 30A park, use only one AC. Can maintain somewhere around78 degrees in low 90s temp with just main AC, as long as Im under some trees!Much hotter than that and Im introuble with just one A/C running. I always look for somewhere around a 18-20 degree split across your evaporator coil in most A/Cs, ie if air temp going into A/C is say 78 degrees
you should get roughly 58-60 degree conditioned air coming out. I havent measured my split but just from feel it seems close to this.
martaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:01 PM   #5

Thanks for the info. More Details..My #1 main AC works but will not cool off RV with sun beating in windows. When on high not much difference in volume of air coming out of vents. When #2 AC is turned on a great volume of air comes out of two of the duct vents in the living area. However,no cool air out of AC # 2. Sounds like compressor not on. Like to try and fix things myself with info from others when ever possible. Can't seem to rely on service people to do a good fix. The AC problem is only one of many fixes I have had to do on this 6 week old rig. Really loved it when washing machine flex hose under bed was off. Was improperly installed. You guessed it...took 5 days to dry the bedroom out. Rig is great on eye candy but must have been built on a Monday or Tuesday
Old 07-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #6

I meant a Monday or Friday
Old 07-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to Babby
Wow, thank you so much for the information concerning contacts with Red Wood! This kind of information makes you feel even more comfortable about your purchase. Excellent!
Babby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:40 PM   #8

DonMac, I sure hope you notified Redwood about the washer hose. We're on record of that problem. I came up with sort of a fix to help prevent it from happening again and passed info on to Redwood, but unless they get other complaints about the same problem, most likely nothing will be done.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:03 PM   #9

Yes,I have been in contact with Brian Emmonds and he has walked me through some problems. He is very good at helping and I did give him a list of problems to pass on. We have been full timeing for almost 16 years. We have had this Redwood for about 6 weeks and have only taken it a little over 100 miles and we are in Montana. There have been numerous things to fix and I suggest that one should inspect every inch of your rig. I will list one day all of the problems both large and small. We have found leaking and crimped water hoses in the cargo area,heater ducting not connected,I have mentioned washer hose,DVD RCA quit after 3 plays,speakers hooked up inproperly,shower leaked like a seive,cargo switch awing not working wires not tight and placed where something might slide into it when moving activating awning,orange cable wires not marked as what was what (common problem),cable wires miss wired,there is no filter in water filter unless dealer puts it in.living room thermostat off 5 degrees. I really should have taken more time looking it over at dealer but at the price and the outside and inside look I thought I had a #1 built rig. Our old rig was an Everest at half the price and less unseen area problems. Not whining or ranting just stating the problems I have had. It is what it is. Perhaps Redwood will up quality controll and others won't have these problems.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:38 PM   #10

mhs4771. What was your fix. I am preparing myself to fix this problem. It seems that a piece of wood catches the hose when the slide comes in and pulls the hose off the fixed black pipe. Would be interisted in knowing what you did so I can perhaps do the same thing. Thanks DM
Old 07-16-2012, 09:29 PM   #11

If you search on "First Major Issue" you will find all the info I posted, including before and after pictures of the hose and it's routing. It's still in the same place, but I removed and modified it to help prevent snagging, plus made a make-shift clamp assembly using cable ties (from Harbor Freight) to keep the flex hose in the black pipe. The soft end on the flex hose is not designed to be held in place with a jam nut. Check out the post and if you want more info let me know.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:48 AM   #12

Thanks for the info. Very good photos. The wood strip that you removed was different in mine. They had cut a 2 inch notch in mine so hose would slide through. Nice fix...not. So I repaired mine like you did yours. Thanks again.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:25 AM   #13

All,

Had a new issue with AC this morning. We are parked near Trenton Ontario. Very humid day yesterday with temps above 85 and humid last night. Ran the AC from the bedfroom controller last night and woke up to water all over the kitchen counter from water dripping off the ceilng. Noticed a "footprint" of the AC unit on the ceiling where each unit is located. Got on the roof and see no issues. Maybe the unit iced up and the condensation in the trailer caused the water to form? Anyone else have this problem?

Also had a scare leaving the last campsite... bounced overhead powercable off both AC units about 2" off the roof... could have been a disaster! Will be adding a wood or metal bracket on a 45 deg angle on the front of each roof AC unit to force cables up and over.