Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2014, 09:03 PM   #1

38BR final showdown

Well as all have read thru my many post on this wonderful $&@€!ng trailer it has come down to a phone call I just got today. Crossroads / Redwood wants to pick this thing up from me and take it back home and put it back in line to fix it My list has grown so long now since I last left a post about it I don't think 3/4 of you believe I have had this many problems on one trailer but it's true. So as of right now September 10 is the pick up date I'm just afraid that we have had 15 to many bandaids put on this one from Exploreusa that they will refuse to fix it. I can't see how they can fix some of it with out replacing and entire side of the trailer with the handy work we received from explore USA trying to fix our 2 entry doors to the coach or the metal chewed out from them putting in our "new and improved" rear swinging door that has a paint job that doesn't match the color of the trailer. But what scares me is maybe the frame of this trailer is not true and that is the reason for us having all these problems So many to list but maybe later for a good campfire story. Wish us luck and please say a prayer for this thing I really would love to be amazed to have a trailer come back to us and see in person what you all see in yours when you bought it brand new the first day and still loving it since then
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
DLRAKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:12 PM   #2
Traveling

As I always say try not to be surprised when something good happens! I can certainly appreciate what you have been through. I do believe you. I am going to hope that it comes back and amazes you. That would not amaze me. Very best of luck to you!
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:54 PM   #3

David, I can attest to the Service Center fixing problems created by another Redwood/Crossroads Dealer. If a certified dealer supposedly "fixes" your warranty problems and the fix is unacceptable, then Redwood should fix it and that is exactly what they did for me. If you look at my pics under photos on this forum you will see where a dealer that was recommended to me by Redwood botched my warranty repairs. As a result of the poor repairs by that dealer the Redwood picked my 31SL up from me in Louisiana and took it to the Service Center to correct the issues. They ended up replacing the roof membrane on two of my slides. They wanted me to pick the fifth wheel up from them when the repairs were completed so I could make sure I was satisfied with the repairs so I did and I was completely satisfied!! I think you will be happy and you will pull away from there feeling like you have a new coach and that Redwood cares about you as a customer. Can't wait to hear from you with positive results!
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:26 AM   #4

They'll get it fixed up for you! The factory is the right place to get it done.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:38 AM   #5

Thanks to all for the support. It's still about 4 weeks away till they pick it up. I promised my wife that we need to finish this vacation first then say good bye to it again for another month while it's getting worked on.
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:07 AM   #6

Good luck and having recently visited the service centre I'm sure you'll be a happy camper when your coach is returned.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:26 AM   #7

It's a shame that it had to come to this, but Crossroads/Redwood is stepping up for you. Best of luck!
Old 08-19-2014, 11:08 PM   #8
Site Team

David and Beth,

if I remember all your past posts correctly, you've had problems with this since you first walked into it. This should be an example of a dealer issues getting worse. As many on here can attest to, the service center can take these trailers apart and put them back together better than new. I suggest you make a list of issues that need fixed and send it to the service center ahead of time as well as tape a list to the counter so it's easily seen by the technicians.

The service center has never let me down and I doubt they will do any less for you.

dave
Old 08-20-2014, 02:30 AM   #9

I hope they make it right whatever that takes! We were so pleased with the response we had from Redwood at the Rally. They sent someone to our units to fix the lock pads, look at our large window blind problem and our refrigerator problem. I think they will do right by you.
JohnEileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:34 AM   #10

I am so pleased with everyone's comments about the service center and your support We have had a pretty rocky time with this trailer and put a ton of money in it so far I am heading back put to the trailer at the coast after work to start on my list once again because that is what they are wanting ahead of time to look over and get ready for the trailers arrival in mid September Any suggestions on what I might need to look into that I might be overlooking so I can possibly add it to the list if my trailer might have that problem as well that you have encounterd in the past. Thanks again for everyone's support
Old 08-20-2014, 04:03 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRAKOWITZ View Post
..... Any suggestions on what I might need to look into that I might be overlooking so I can possibly add it to the list if my trailer might have that problem as well that you have encounterd in the past. Thanks again for everyone's support
Check these items:
Stress cracks at slide corners?
Batteries and battery disconnect?
Slide Seals all around?
Leaks – under sinks, ice maker, under shower…etc...?
Brakes contaminated with grease?
Check spare tire mounts - loose ?
Dump valves malfunctioning ?
black tank flush?
Auto leveling get out of stroke?
Popping from front jacks?
Compartment - door seals and latches?
Entry door lock?
Awning LEDs ?
Awnings very slow in or out?
Dining table wobbles ?
Microwave recall?
Residential fridge anchored ?
Garbage door cabinet and rear pantry stay latched?
Outside air thru sliding bathroom door?
Shower door glass – reversed installation – patterned side IN or out?
tv /antenna/sat/ cable ok?
Slides indent carpets?
Closet doors aligned and closet rod supported well ?

good luck !
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 05:54 PM   #12

ok it has been sent off for redwood to see my punchlist of 60 plus items with photos to show what I am trying to talk about. date is still set in stone for Sep 10 for pickup of this beast and now since they are reviewing this list and looking through photos they are now asking for more time because they are seeing what I am trying to get across to them of how this 5ver was one of those Monday or Friday builds. if anyone is interested in seeing my list please feel free to PM me and I will send it to you. its a quite large document at about 11 meg in size.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:10 PM   #13

When you are talking about the "service center" are you referring to the plant in Indiana where they are manufactured or the dealer where you purchased it? We may be traveling near the Indiana plant and and I have a small list of things I need to have looked at. I was going to wait till I get near a dealership but if i can get it done at the plant that would work also. How does one go about contacting the service center anyway?

We have a 2015 38gk that we love. I have learned a lot on this forum and have been able to fix most stuff by reading others posts! Thanks to all.
Scott W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:40 PM   #14

the plant in Indiana is were it is going. I just called the redwood service number 260-593-3850
Old 08-23-2014, 11:00 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott W. View Post
When you are talking about the "service center" are you referring to the plant in Indiana where they are manufactured or the dealer where you purchased it? We may be traveling near the Indiana plant and and I have a small list of things I need to have looked at. I was going to wait till I get near a dealership but if i can get it done at the plant that would work also. How does one go about contacting the service center anyway?

We have a 2015 38gk that we love. I have learned a lot on this forum and have been able to fix most stuff by reading others posts! Thanks to all.
The service centre is located in Topeka, Indiana which is about 25 to 30 miles from the production facility. It takes about 2 to 3 months to get an appointment, but that should improve when they move to the new facility, which is also in Topeka.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:53 PM   #16

As fulltimers, this is one thing that scares me, if we had an extended repair or a list of warranty / build issues so long it would need to go back to the factory for extended repairs.
Where are we supposed to live during this time period?
I am glad to date all our issues have been minor and resolved / repaired by myself or with Crossroads assistance and we have not had to take the coach to the dealer yet.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 06:42 PM   #17

Yeah for us they want everything taken out it before the courier picks ours up
Old 08-23-2014, 07:46 PM   #18

Good luck and I truly hope they get everything because these are really nice units.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:49 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRAKOWITZ View Post
Yeah for us they want everything taken out it before the courier picks ours up
Hell it took us two days to put everything in out of our previous 5er at the Dealers delivery area !!!!
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:03 PM   #20

yeah it took us two days to put everything in this one and that was just for the coast trip...we have a ton more stuff we cycle out of it for the rest of the year