Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2021, 06:30 AM   #1

2015 GK Kitchen Sink faucet

Has anyone found a way to successfully tighten the backup nut on the kitchen faucet? It is located up behind the sink bowl. I have tried every basin wrench I can find. It is impossible for a old fat man to reach or see. I need at least 25 years of yoga and maybe. Help ???
mstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 04:25 PM   #2

I’ve considered changing our faucet out. If I do, I think I’ll cut an access panel on the front side of the island cabinet.
Rvforustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 06:38 PM   #3

I had a similar issue with my 2015 RW 38RL. I found a tool at Amazon that worked for me. Of course, every sink is different, but this might work.

https://www.amazon.com/Installer-Plu...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

If the link above doesn't work, just do a search for Rigid Faucet and Sink Installer. I hope this helps.

Steve
sbenhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 08:42 PM   #4

2015 Kitchen Sink faucet back up nut.

Steve, thanks for the reply. I purchased that very tool thinking this has to work. Nope! with all the hose going through the middle I couldn't get it to work. I think it should be a law. Every design engineer has to live in what they designed. Build it and repair it before they get paid. This is stupid!! I really do not want to cut an access panel on the front of the cabinet. Thanks, Mark
mstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 10:01 PM   #5

I remember thinking the same thing, but I kept working with it and finally got it to work. It is definitely not an easy thing to do. I also have thought about making a door on the front panel. Good luck with it, I got pretty frustrated with it myself.....
sbenhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 03:18 AM   #6

We have the farm sink in the island in our 2015 38GK. We replaced the faucet because of a leaking issue. Removed the shelf in the cabinet, made it easier to access faucet. It was still difficult. A door in the front of cabinet makes sense.
Good luck.
R38Special is offline   Reply With Quote