Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2014, 05:03 AM   #61

We were at the Salt Lake KOA for one night on Sept 12. We were on our way to Yosemite.

GMC 3500HD DRW, Curt Q24 hitch, 1100 watts Solar,
Redwood 2015.5 38RE, 8K axels, disk breaks, 5.5K Onan, full body paint, residential fridge, slide in a slide. Dual heat pumps, dual awnings, dishwasher, linc Pad.
Victor&Yvonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 01:15 AM   #62

We were Westbound for Davenport on I-80 this afternoon and passed 2 RW's.

First one was standard graphics towed by a white truck and the 2nd was a full paint Black & Maroon towed by a dark coloured truck.

They were both heading East towards Chicago about 10 to 15 mins apart.

Anyone on the forum?

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 03:56 PM   #63

We're sitting outside at Peacearch Rv in Whiterock BC and another 2015 38RL pulls in beside us. We've not been able to chat long yet, but they're from Edmonton
Don and Judith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:57 PM   #64

Saw a black and maroon at Amarillo ranch last nite, couldn't catch anyone home. Also met a black and maroon headed north on 87 north of Lamesa Tx. Pulled by a black Chevy.
2013 Redwood 36RL Full paint D/W W/D 2 A/C's and all the other stuff.
jrgkfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:44 PM   #65

There's another RW staying at our San Antonio, TX KOA. We have a 2014 36RL and are headed for Retama Village, Mission, TX for the winter.
Grannadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 11:51 AM   #66

We decided to stay in Citrus Valley Resort in Clermont, FL for the winter. When we went to check it out this week we found three other Redwoods there! I was really surprised and they aren't even full yet, but all spots are taken January through April except two. It will be interesting to see how many are there come January. We are in FL now, but not with the RW. Staying at Disney World for a few days. We left just in time to miss the first Indiana snow in 124 years on Halloween.
JohnEileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 12:29 PM   #67
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEileen View Post
We decided to stay in Citrus Valley Resort in Clermont, FL for the winter. When we went to check it out this week we found three other Redwoods there! I was really surprised and they aren't even full yet, but all spots are taken January through April except two. It will be interesting to see how many are there come January. We are in FL now, but not with the RW. Staying at Disney World for a few days. We left just in time to miss the first Indiana snow in 124 years on Halloween.

You are very fortunate that you were able to find a place at this late date. Most of the time, you have to make reservations several months to a year in advance. We will be staying at Winterset RV Resort in Palmetto, FL December through April. When I called to inquire last May, they only had 1 site left for that time frame. The manager said they were normally booked up by Septermber and this year it was May because of last years severe winter.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 12:44 PM   #68

We did book another place and cancelled it. I didn't feel comfortable in the other resort. It was in an area that was questionable in my opinion. This one is gated and has a very nice pool and exercise room pads are concrete pavers. The other one wasn't a paved pad. We were also looking at Rolling Ridge, but it was so far from restaurants and stores. This lady likes convience. We had to pay a 70.00 cancellation fee at the other resort, but I will like Citrus Valley Resort better. A little farther from Disney though.
Old 11-01-2014, 01:14 PM   #69
Site Team

Quote:
We did book another place and cancelled it. I didn't feel comfortable in the other resort. It was in an area that was questionable in my opinion. This one is gated and has a very nice pool and exercise room pads are concrete pavers. The other one wasn't a paved pad. We were also looking at Rolling Ridge, but it was so far from restaurants and stores. This lady likes convience. We had to pay a 70.00 cancellation fee at the other resort, but I will like Citrus Valley Resort better. A little farther from Disney though.

I was trying to look up your location........is it Elite Resorts at Citrus Valley?

Old 11-01-2014, 02:59 PM   #70

Yes that's it. Elite Resorts owns about four or mor places in Florida. The one we will be at is the one called Citrus Valley Resort. ��
Old 11-01-2014, 03:27 PM   #71

We are at Country Aire Manor in Dade City til Jan 7 then heading out west with another RW owner. The problem with most so-called rv resorts nowadays is that they are mostly permanent residences & stuff us rvers in between them.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 04:00 PM   #72
Site Team

I agree.....I guess people find the nice places and stay.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:55 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
We are at Country Aire Manor in Dade City til Jan 7 then heading out west with another RW owner. The problem with most so-called rv resorts nowadays is that they are mostly permanent residences & stuff us rvers in between them.
That is more a manufactured home community then a rv resort. My mother-in-law owns a manufactured home there.

Jim & Susie, 2014 36FL, 2012 F-250 6.2 trailer saver TS3
superduty glampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 07:23 PM   #74
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
Danny.....that seems to be especially true in Florida. Last winter we were fortunate enough to stay at one of the RVC Outdoors parks in the panhandle of Florida, Live Oak Landing. I personally enjoyed it because it was very secluded off the east end of Choctawhatchee Bay. But, it was about 20 miles from any activities and my wife said it was too cold. She said if we are going to be in Florida for the winter, it had better be warmer than 19* for the lowest. I thought....well it was only one night!!!

We went down to Bradenton the last week of February to visit some high school classmates and stayed for a week at Winterset RV Park in Palmetto. My wife really enjoyed that visit and I took the hint that if I wanted to keep going to Florida in the winter time I had better find a warmer place for her. So, I called Winterset in May and reserved the last site they had available for December through April. I sometimes am "slow" but I did get the hint!!!

Enjoy Florida and where ever you headed later.

Guy

Old 11-01-2014, 09:29 PM   #75

We spotted a RW Southbound on the NYS thruway this morning around 9:00am white and tan.
Old 11-01-2014, 11:32 PM   #76

Quote:
We just got back from the Food and Wine Festival. Have fun. I am stuck in KY for the winter, on a DOD job. I'll be in FL sometime in the future, hopefully. We plan on wintering in FL very soon.
Old 11-02-2014, 12:27 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryL View Post
We just got back from the Food and Wine Festival. Have fun. I am stuck in KY for the winter, on a DOD job. I'll be in FL sometime in the future, hopefully. We plan on wintering in FL very soon.
Ky=bourbon that will help with the winter!

Jim & Susie, 2014 36FL, 2012 F-250 6.2 trailer saver TS3
superduty glampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 01:52 AM   #78

Jerry, we have been to the Food and Wine Festival this week too. This is our last night at Disney until December. We are kids at heart and love our time here. Currently we are on property because we bought a time share in the Disney Vacation plan several years ago. Next time down we start our 6 months in FL..... For permanent residency. ��
Old 12-02-2014, 12:05 AM   #79

Big Redwood day today, finished up our travel to Sarasota Fl. Saw a gelcoat model going south on I-75 around Ocala, I think it's from Ontario and another Black & Silver old style paint [like ours] going north around Bradenton.
Then upon arrival at Sarasota Sunny South we discover there is a Black & Silver, new style, FL model here in the park. Didn't see anyone around so will seek out the owner later...we'll be here for 6 months!

Today is the first time we've seen Black & Silver paint schemes and we see two of them!!
Old 12-02-2014, 09:12 PM   #80
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nTheRoad View Post
Big Redwood day today, finished up our travel to Sarasota Fl. Saw a gelcoat model going south on I-75 around Ocala, I think it's from Ontario and another Black & Silver old style paint [like ours] going north around Bradenton.
Then upon arrival at Sarasota Sunny South we discover there is a Black & Silver, new style, FL model here in the park. Didn't see anyone around so will seek out the owner later...we'll be here for 6 months!

Today is the first time we've seen Black & Silver paint schemes and we see two of them!!

That may have been us. Yesterday, we were headed south to Winterset RV Resort on the north side of Palmetto, FL. Arrived here about 2:30 PM.