Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2012, 02:06 PM   #61
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by John317
FF, I spoke to a factory rep today about factory help with setting up a club, he informed me that the factory has been monitoring the interest in a club since we started discussing it on the forum. He told me that they have hired a new guy in marketing and the formation of a club would be in his purview . He said he would have him contact us soon. We just need someone with organizational skills to volunteer to coordinate all this. Hint, hint.
I'll be happy to help where ever I can
Old 03-26-2012, 02:10 PM   #62

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

5th__time

They have a fork lift normally capable of pulling your unit out so you can hook up without any problems
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny
Quote:
Originally Posted by John317
FF, I spoke to a factory rep today about factory help with setting up a club, he informed me that the factory has been monitoring the interest in a club since we started discussing it on the forum. He told me that they have hired a new guy in marketing and the formation of a club would be in his purview . He said he would have him contact us soon. We just need someone with organizational skills to volunteer to coordinate all this. Hint, hint.
I'll be happy to help where ever I can

I'll be at the factory on thursday ,I can try to get some info from them at that time

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #64
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyputz

Just got word this morning that our 36RE is off line and in paint. looks like it might be at the dealer before April 30th.
Lillyputz
That's great...mine is in the pant shop now too. That means some of those pictures I posted of the factory tour are of your trailer. That makes our trailers Sisters.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:21 PM   #65

RollsRoyce, I know... just trying to get it close before I get there because if it's the wrong height after I get home with it, it'll be on me to adjust the pinbox and hitch height. Not a fun job.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #66

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

I forgot there are so many post...Iforgot you had to fit under your cover not the one at the dealer...I'm a little goofy today
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:22 PM   #67
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy

We are in as well, our home base is about 70 miles S. of Ft Worth TX. Took delivery of our new RW36RL, but have not been out in it yet. Got her uploaded and plan a trip to the Houston area around 14 April then over to the rally in Kerrville the 20th of April. My impression of the unit so far is great, I had the dealer exchange the GY tires it came with with the TOYO's off my old unit. My old unit came with GY tires and I am not impressed with them, 1 blowout and 2 tread separations in the first 5k miles. My only issue with the unit is its height, it was advertised at 12'11" at the highest point. My hangar has a 13'1" opening (I measured it twice) and the forward ac is about 1" taller. I let the air out of the trucks airbags and deflated some air from the units tires and scrapedher in. I contacted Redwood and asked what can be done to get her to the 12'11" they advertised. I was told my best option is to wait until they start offering the Coleman low profile ac in June, that should be about 3" lower. It was suggested I bring the unit to the factory and have them do the job to insure everything will work as advertised when they install the new ac. I have asked but have not heard back if there will be any $$ help from Redwood. I was very specific with the dealer about the height prior to ordering and was assured it was no higher than that advertised, I have the emails to back it up. In any case I plan to change it out, it's a pain in the--- to let the air out of the tires to get it in and out of the storage each time we us her.
This is a bit long winded, but I got on a roll and let it go!!

Flyboy,

I'm happy for you that you got your trailer....but I don't know if when I get mine I will be able to wait very long to pull it. I've already told my wife that when Our trailer comes in just figure on me being off for a week showing off and If I have to I'll just pull it around the block. Boy the neighbors are sure going to wonder just what the hell I'm doing going in circles around the block.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:09 AM   #68

We are in to. We have owned our36RL for over a year.
j1251b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:37 AM   #69
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by j1251b

We are in to. We have owned our36RL for over a year.

After having your Redwood for over a year have you had any issues?
Old 03-27-2012, 07:23 AM   #70

YEA!!!!!!! Finally ordered ours yesterday, 36RL. NOW the waiting game. We live in our current Montana full time so cant wait for this wonderful unit to come in. Dave&Ginny, thanks for the around the block laugh. A picture is worth a thousand words. Better yet let us all know when your trip around the block happens and we can all come to watch and laugh more, or cheer you on.
Edited by: Rooksfive
Rooksfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:38 AM   #71
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooksfive
YEA!!!!!!! Finally ordered ours yesterday, 36RL. NOW the waiting game. We live in our current Montana full time so cant wait for this wonderful unit to come in. Dave&Ginny, thanks for the around the block laugh. A picture is worth a thousand words. Better yet let us all know when your trip around the block happens and we can all come to watch and laugh more, or cheer you on.
Then it'd look like a parade....I drive around and wave while all of you drink beer and say "Damn that there is a good looking rig, did you see how he turned that corner" "yep just like a pro"
Old 03-27-2012, 07:44 AM   #72

I got the beer when you get your rig. We are still laughing. ThanksEdited by: Rooksfive
Old 03-27-2012, 08:24 AM   #73

I was the parade (2004) while others watched, laughed and drank as I pulled my first 5er. Now I am in the crowd watching, laughing and drinking. I am so glad that you are a rookie one time.lol
Old 03-27-2012, 08:55 AM   #74

I love watching Rvers look and laugh while we try to back the rig into a small spot. Classic
Old 03-27-2012, 09:05 AM   #75

Ugh... you guysmake me nervous! I'm picking up my RL on Friday and haven't towed anything since my 34' Holiday Rambler 5th back in 2003. When I get back, I'll have to back the rig into my driveway on a narrow residential street. I bet the neighbors will have lawn chairs out at the curb watching me struggle.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:11 AM   #76
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_Time
Ugh... you guysmake me nervous! I'm picking up my RL on Friday and haven't towed anything since my 34' Holiday Rambler 5th back in 2003. When I get back, I'll have to back the rig into my driveway on a narrow residential street. I bet the neighbors will have lawn chairs out at the curb watching me struggle.
You'll do fine...it's like riding a bicycle..you never forget. Just remember high these are and enjoy. Congrats on your new trailer I'm envious!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:19 AM   #77

If your neighbors are anything like mine were, then you can count on them being there. Plan ahead and make it a block party. That way it will take the pressure off and all will enjoy. I agree, if you have done this before it will come back easily. My case was the fact it was my first time pulling a 5er and especially from Kansas to Colorado. Looking back, I should have had a 5er long ago.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:29 AM   #78

We are interested ,Washington State
Old 03-27-2012, 10:37 AM   #79

Awesome another one for the West
John317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #80
Dan

May be interested in theWashingtonstate as we are just across at Victoria BC
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote