Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2015, 05:17 PM   #41

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Yup
Just like they wouldn't put screws in places that require themthem or install plastic shackle bushings or e rated tires
Old 11-15-2015, 05:31 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' texans View Post
Yep! I stand corrected! But do you turn of your refrigerator while traveling? Do you turn off lp bottles & purge the lines before traveling? If not you have that possibility even without running the furnace! I know these manufacturers aren't rocket scientist, but I believe if there was a chance of a blowout causing a fire related to that lp line I truly believe they wouldn't run it outside the frame above the tires.
I totally agree with you Danny! I leave it all running, except I don't think I've tried the furnace on this rig yet. I have absolutely no concern running propane down the road. Every once in a while the fridge will blow out, but easy to restart. I've never had a problem with the hot water.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 05:12 PM   #43

We did the PDI a couple of days ago and for the most part all went well. When we first looked at the unit we noticed a glob of glue on the second stair carpet. In attempting to remove it they decided to use a hot iron to soften it. Well somehow the iron fell onto the glue and made a bigger mess than it already was. So now they've had to order a new step or at least the carpet that goes there. Also the back side window by the couch was scratched up so that's going to be replaced as well along with some small paint issues I'm having them fix. All this will be done after the 3 week trip we are taking in it. We are picking it up Monday and heading out. I plan on taking it straight back to the dealer the day we return for these issues to be fixed along with anything else we might discover on our "proving run" Hoping for none but we all know how that goes....

Thomas and Shana
R.I.P. Skip. We miss you old boy. Our travels will never be the same....

2015 Redwood 38RL
2013 Ford F-350 King Ranch 4WD DRW
thomas861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 05:31 PM   #44

As I mentioned above we are leaving Monday for about 3 weeks. The first stop is to visit with family in the Houston area through Thanksgiving and we won't actually be staying in it while there.

We are having Sats2Go come out and install a Trav'ler SK-1000 on Tuesday. In our previous 5th Wheel we could put the dish box out in the open next to the TV, with the Redwood of course it goes above the TV in the cabinet. Are we going to have issues with the dish remote working through the glass ? The RV dealer says it'll work but they'll sometimes tell you anything. What sort of experience have you guys had with this ?

Thomas and Shana

2015 Redwood 38RL
Old 11-20-2015, 06:14 PM   #45

I LOVE the looks of those 38RL's ! ! ! LOOKING GOOD ! ! Have a Safe trip..
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 07:12 PM   #46

My Dish hopper - in fact all of my remotes, work fine through the glass. I did have to put a spacer under the Redwood sound system because the sensor was not up in the glass area causing me to have to stand up and hold the remote high in the air.

Really rubbing it in now, NOT JUST a 38RL! But the color of my CHOICE!
Old 11-20-2015, 08:22 PM   #47

Beautiful RW...love that color scheme! Congrats!
Bob and Debbie (both retired) with Senior FurBabies Grizz (a German Shepherd mix) and Bailey (a Lab mix)...and sometimes a Grandkiddo or 2! Full Time RVers since July 2013 Redwood: 2012 36FL with sliding patio doors
Tow Vehicle: 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD with 6.6 DuraMax Dually
Grizzby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 08:24 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzby View Post
Beautiful RW...love that color scheme! Congrats!

Thank you !

Thomas and Shana

2015 Redwood 38RL
Old 11-20-2015, 08:25 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
I LOVE the looks of those 38RL's ! ! ! LOOKING GOOD ! ! Have a Safe trip..

Thanks, We can't wait to try her out.

Thomas and Shana

2015 Redwood 38RL
Old 11-20-2015, 08:47 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
My Dish hopper - in fact all of my remotes, work fine through the glass. I did have to put a spacer under the Redwood sound system because the sensor was not up in the glass area causing me to have to stand up and hold the remote high in the air.

Really rubbing it in now, NOT JUST a 38RL! But the color of my CHOICE!
One thing I wondered about was the box being too low and it not working because of the angle from the chairs.

So you have the Hopper....We currently have two 211z's from our other 5'er. I've wondered about going to the Hopper system. We previously full timed and will again starting later next year. For now I don't really need the Hopper but in the future what would be the benefits for going to it when we are once again full time ? I've read mixed things about using it in an RV. Some say Dish doesn't like you to do it and it's a pain to get the boxes activated and others say no big deal. I know I'll need a solo node and what I'm wondering is, should I go ahead and have the people installing my Trav'ler do that too ? If I do have it installed does that cause problems with the 211z's I currently use ? I'm sure they will have all the answers and I was planning on discussing this with Sats2Go next week but if any of you have some insight I'd appreciate it.

Also, do any of you use the dish with the third outdoor TV ? I'd like to be able to do that but can't see paying the fee monthly that dish charges for another box when I won't use it nearly as much.

Lastly, I've been using the Dish Pay as you Go plan. Does anyone that full times actually have a regular dish 2 year contract account ? Seems like the pay as you go is nearly double the cost when you consider the promotions Dish has. Currently I have no problems with them when I call up and ask them to change my service address when we travel. I'm wondering if that would change if we were able to go with a 2 year contract ?

And Yes...I love the color....The first unit we looked at was not this color and when they called about the one we eventually bought, the color was one of the first things I noticed. It's going to look great behind my black F-350. I just need to get out and wash my truck before we pick the Redwood up Monday ! I'm sure the wife is sick of me talking about how good it looks on the outside. But it's one of the things that always stuck with me when I would see a Redwood on the road or in an RV park. They all look brand new !

Thomas and Shana

2015 Redwood 38RL
Old 11-20-2015, 09:12 PM   #51

Also, do any of you use the dish with the third outdoor TV ? I'd like to be able to do that but can't see paying the fee monthly that dish charges for another box when I won't use it nearly as much.

Lastly, I've been using the Dish Pay as you Go plan. Does anyone that full times actually have a regular dish 2 year contract account ? Seems like the pay as you go is nearly double the cost when you consider the promotions Dish has. Currently I have no problems with them when I call up and ask them to change my service address when we travel. I'm wondering if that would change if we were able to go with a 2 year contract ?

I use the 3rd tv with my dish. I have a splitter that goes from the signal in the bedroom tv to the outdoor tv. Both are tv2.

We have a regular plan. Brought the dish from our S&B and have it on a portable base. We call and have them switch our local channels whenever we move. We are generally in a place for 3 or months due to work.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:26 PM   #52

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas861 View Post
As I mentioned above we are leaving Monday for about 3 weeks. The first stop is to visit with family in the Houston area through Thanksgiving and we won't actually be staying in it while there.

We are having Sats2Go come out and install a Trav'ler SK-1000 on Tuesday. In our previous 5th Wheel we could put the dish box out in the open next to the TV, with the Redwood of course it goes above the TV in the cabinet. Are we going to have issues with the dish remote working through the glass ? The RV dealer says it'll work but they'll sometimes tell you anything. What sort of experience have you guys had with this ?
ours work fine through the glass
Old 11-20-2015, 10:39 PM   #53

Thomas,
I have used my 211 in the RV but recently I have been using my Hopper. First of all, Dish's objection to using it in the RV is motion/vibration while in motion (motorhome) so even though they tell you not to, I believe it's unfounded.

Second, I have 3 TV's hooked up to the Hopper. I use the wireless Joey for the other TV's and it works just fine. I believe the fee is $7.00 per tv. If you have one wireless Joey, it's easy to move it outside or inside as you see fit.

I haven't hooked up the 211 to the solo node so I'm not sure if you will have an issue. Another member (Atom Ant) installed his solo node on the roof. I use a portable dish on a tripod so I can use or not use the solo node depending on configuration.

Hope that helps some.

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 11:39 PM   #54

Thomas I have the hopper and joeys, and our hopper is situated in the bedroom, and one joey in the living room. I mounted the joey to the back of the living room tv, so I don't have that worry.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 12:22 AM   #55

The Hopper/Joeys enabled us to get independent high def viewing at all 3 TVs, whereas before I could only get SD to the outside TV. We used to have a DVR in the living room and Duo-Tuner in the bedroom that fed the outside TV as well, now the Hopper in the living room on one of the satellite Coax, and the bedroom and outside TV on separate Joeys using the second satellite Coax.

My plan with Dish - although it didn't work - was to open up an RV account that lets you "pay by the day" more or less, and the only criteria was you had to own all of your own equipment. Cost was about $3.65 a day. It worked great the first time, then the second time I called to activate it they saw it was a Hopper and they refused. Took about 20 levels of management and they agreed to turn it on, but then the next time it started all over again. I told them "oh, did I say RV?? - I meant CABIN", and they turned it on just like that and never a problem since, however it is a different program and it allows me to shut it off once a year and for up to 9 months and it costs $5.00 a month to keep the account open. Good enough.....
Old 11-21-2015, 02:17 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Wood View Post
did you happen to purchase at camping world in Phoenix
No, purchased from a dealer near Austin, TX

Thomas and Shana

2015 Redwood 38RL
Old 11-22-2015, 12:16 PM   #57

"Glob of Glue on Carpet" ......... Wow ! Looks like Quality control @ factory is improving ?!?
Duramax, Allison Tranny, 62 Gal. Titan Tank
2016 39MB 5.5 Onan, Residential Package, Goodyear G114's, Mor/ryde heavy duty Shackle/bushing upgrade.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:39 PM   #58
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosey View Post
"Glob of Glue on Carpet" ......... Wow ! Looks like Quality control @ factory is improving ?!?

Redwood.......Com'on Man!!!

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:49 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas861 View Post
No, purchased from a dealer near Austin, TX
It looks identical to the one at campers world in Phoenix same color building