Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2021, 11:14 PM   #1

Newbie with a 4001LK

Hi everyone!

My husband and I recently bought and have used our 4001LK once. We are very excited to be able to start taking vacations again! We chose this model because of the kitchen and my inability to ever eat in a restaurant due to numerous food allergies.

My parents had a Class A RV when I was growing up and we would dry camp for dirt biking and the like or rv resort camp for Lake Havasu Az. So a 5th wheel and doing this 15 years later is a bit different?

It looks like this group is friendly and helpful, so I will continue reading and look forward to what you have to say.

So far, we have had trouble with: (I will try and find a more appropriate place to put these questions or start a formal thread)

- Auto level - it kept trying to stroke on the driver side rear jacks. It was intermittent which I'm told is very uncommon. Maybe it's fixed now? (they said that one of the solenoids was connected backwards/opposite what it should have been). We'll see

- The very first time we used the auto level directly after bringing it home, the jack "stroked out" and lifted the wheels off the ground. A bracket on the opposite side around/clamping on the leaf springs broke. It's going to be replaced, but I'm told nothing else could have been damaged and everything is fine. I'm worried that there is something that we can't see hidden by the under cairage cover that could have been bent or also broken (The inside wheel cover on the side closest to the bracket that broke is also slightly bent). I swear I hear more grinding and feel more sway when towing since the 1st drive home. (Also, the dealer knew that this was problem prior to us taking this RV home )

- The bed's head board lift stopped working the first time we used it - currently in the works of getting fixed. We were missing/never had the fuses for bed lift 1 and bed lift 2, so I think the motor is fried. We'll see what they say when they bring out a new motor and cable harness to trouble shoot

- The air conditioners only seem to get 20F cooler than outside temperature. I'm told this is normal and read on some threads on this site that this is normal, but remember freezing in the RV at Havasu when it was 115+ out with my parents as a kid.

- Anyone know where the switch to turn the TV antennae booster off is?

A few other cosmetic and annoying things (the dealer left the back gray tank valve open! to surprise us the first time we went to use it!! - thankfully it was just the gray...)

So excited for this new chapter in our life!
- Heather
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 04:54 PM   #2

Heather,
My wife and I also just bought (have not picked up) a 2021 4001LK. Looking to get on the road with this middle of July and heading to southern New Mexico (in the mountains) and then up to Silverton and Durango, CO for several weeks. I appreciate the information you provided about the hydraulic stabilizers and will certainly get the dealer to go thru the whole set up using them before I leave.
TBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 11:52 PM   #3

On my 39MB the TV booster is behind the bedroom TV. I have to use the handle of a wooden spoon to turn it on/off. You have to turn it off if you hook up to cable.
robkathybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 04:24 PM   #4

Congrats on your new 4001! My wife and I are full time in a 2020 4001LK and absolutely loving it! BTW, no TV booster switch in your model ... only the older models needed them. Sounds like you are having a good shakedown cruise and getting all the bugs worked out. We had several initial issues, but that was over 11,000 miles ago and nothing since! Check out our Facebook group called "Redwood RV Owners Group" for great conversation, tips, &tricks!
webberwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 11:47 PM   #5

TBarber - Thank you, you too! That sounds like a nice trip - hopefully a bit cooler up in the mountains for this time of year

robkathybat - Thank you! We will take a look

webberwj - I will look for the facebook group, thanks!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 09:00 PM   #6

Heather, I think the switch for the Winngard booster maybe the switch above and to your right of your in command dispaly.
TBarber is offline   Reply With Quote