Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2014, 04:57 PM   #41

Dave. that is awesome!
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:12 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
The reason I'd buy another Redwood.......... My RL is at the factory service center right now. I asked them to take a look at my springs because of unusual tire wear. I received a phone call letting me know that they are completely rebuilding my suspension.

In most cases, I believe the other manufactures would have put a band aid on the situation.
Kudos to Redwood once again!!!!!
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:16 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
The reason I'd buy another Redwood.......... My RL is at the factory service center right now. I asked them to take a look at my springs because of unusual tire wear. I received a phone call letting me know that they are completely rebuilding my suspension.

In most cases, I believe the other manufactures would have put a band aid on the situation.
While I admire your "glass is 1/2 full" attitude, I'm wondering "why" does the uneven tire wear exist? A bent spindle will cause this. Uneven spring wear "sag" on one side will cause this, which to me would be an indication of "under" suspension underneath a heavy unit. They obviously realize they have fault here, or they wouldn't be offering to undertake this expensive repair. There have GOT to be many others experiencing this, as all RW's have the same suspension made by Lippert. How many others are not receiving this kind of support? Surely RW is aware of your active participation in this forum, and the possible "PR" ramifications for themselves if they'd chosen "not" to do the right thing by you..
Suspension, or the lack thereof, being my own personal primary concern when purchasing, your story simply validates the concerns I have about not "just" RW's suspension, but the Lippert suspension I'll get underneath any Thor or Forest River product. I'm happy though, they're taking care of you - that is a positive - I just wonder about others, and how many there are.
cofiverdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:19 PM   #44

I caught myself "bashing" Lippert... As I stated in an earlier post, Lippert may not be at fault in your case and many others. Lippert builds some 8K axles, but if the manufacturer buys 7K axles, it's not Lippert's fault.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:20 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofiverdiver View Post
While I admire your "glass is 1/2 full" attitude, I'm wondering "why" does the uneven tire wear exist? A bent spindle will cause this. Uneven spring wear "sag" on one side will cause this, which to me would be an indication of "under" suspension underneath a heavy unit. They obviously realize they have fault here, or they wouldn't be offering to undertake this expensive repair. There have GOT to be many others experiencing this, as all RW's have the same suspension made by Lippert. How many others are not receiving this kind of support? Surely RW is aware of your active participation in this forum, and the possible "PR" ramifications for themselves if they'd chosen "not" to do the right thing by you..
Suspension, or the lack thereof, being my own personal primary concern when purchasing, your story simply validates the concerns I have about not "just" RW's suspension, but the Lippert suspension I'll get underneath any Thor or Forest River product. I'm happy though, they're taking care of you - that is a positive - I just wonder about others, and how many there are.
I'm telling you man - you need to hurry up and by that Lippert framed DRV before we all fall apart you and you don't have anybody to talk to anymore.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:41 PM   #46

Funny statement, but broad and generally misleading.

DRV gives Lippert their specs and Lippert builds it. (15" BOX TUBE)
RW gives Lippert their specs and Lippert builds it. (12" I-BEAM)

Nobody can blame Lippert for simply building whatever RW asks for. If Thor is only willing to pay for "cheap", then Lippert knows how to build that!

"You get what you pay for" rings true in this case. I would own Lippert. Just not the chassis that Thor is willing to pay for.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:45 PM   #47

Quote:

Nobody can blame Lippert for simply building whatever RW asks for. If Thor is only willing to pay for "cheap", then Lippert knows how to build that!
Holy misleading! Can this be true? DRV uses a Lippert 12" I-BEAM on the Tradition line up? http://www.drvsuites.com/tradition/floor-plans.html 2-1/4 laminated wall? 7,000 lb axles?

I guess that means: a) Thor bought out DRV, b) DRV went cheap like Thor, or c) the Engineers of both companies truly select the frame for the actual load to be carried, and there are different classes of RVs. Perhaps Redwood falls into the Tradition class DRV and not Mobile Suites you keep pushing?

Quote:

"You get what you pay for" rings true in this case. I would own Lippert. Just not the chassis that Thor is willing to pay for.
Then our work is done! You can go away now and stop throwing sour grapes at us on every thread.

You have no point to make here - nor purpose. You are clearly here to bash Redwood.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:30 PM   #48

Quote:

I believe I'm correct in saying that NuWa Hitchhiker used a 10" I Beam in their 5th wheels and they are one of the most respected fifth wheels in the industry. Just Sayin!
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:18 PM   #49

Quote:

Perhaps you should check the DRV specs a bit closer, as not all models have consistent frames, at least when we checked out the DRV website. The Tradition model is a 12" frame with 7K axles.

Interesting that at our last campground we met a mobile suite owner who was so peed off that he refused to take delivery. So doesn't matter which manufacturer you opt for problems can be expected. He also shelled out considerably more money than we did for our Redwoods.

But, if DRV is what you want go ahead and join their forum. We like our Redwoods, and for us the quality, price point and customer service are exceptional.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:37 PM   #50

Well said Brad & Andy!
Old 02-09-2014, 11:34 PM   #51
Site Team

Quote:

No you're wrong.....Most manufactures will do whatever it takes to fix a problem and satisfy the customer. Redwood has always gone above and beyond what is necessary to resolve a problem. Your point of me getting special treatment is clearly wrong because at the rally, several people were comparing notes on service.

My wife and I bought our first RV together 35 years ago and I grew up with them before that. I've had about every type of RV from several different manufactures and so far Redwood has stood behind their product better than any of them. Redwood isn't perfect because it's an RV, and as with people, there aren't any perfect ones out there.

As for the other brands of RVs.....there's a lot of good ones out there and I hope you find the one that "flips your skirt". I just hope it's not a Redwood
Old 02-10-2014, 12:37 AM   #52

Had tire wear on mine & while at the rally took it to service center & Randy suggested an alignment first, took it to suggested alignment shop & they said ALL Lippert axles should be aligned after loading trailer, but Lippert would replace rather than align. All of this was paid for by Redwood, even replaced tires. They are fantastic to everyone, not just Dave.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:26 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy View Post
I believe I'm correct in saying that NuWa Hitchhiker used a 10" I Beam in their 5th wheels and they are one of the most respected fifth wheels in the industry. Just Sayin!
Nu Wa's I-Beam chassis was not built by Lippert. It was built by Young's Welding. And on the Champaign & Premier, their heavier models, it was not an I-Beam. it was box tube.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:00 AM   #54

Dave - this thread is getting really tiresome and is way off the original topic. I for one am here to learn more about Redwoods and couldn't care less about the frames on other brands.

Any chance you can shut this one down.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:10 PM   #55

I don't believe it's a moderators job to censor other folks feelings. It is their responsibility to get a thread back on topic.

Cofiverdiver has not done anything, according to the rules of this forum, that warrants a closure. If you're interested in stopping the banter, ignore the source. Easy peezy. Forums are chock full of folks who enjoy sucking others into their own worlds. They love the attention.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote