Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2019, 04:58 AM   #1

New Redwood Owner

My wife and I recently bought a new 3401RL and are very happy thus far although we have had it out yet. Our first breakin trip is in 2 weeks. We have planned trips every month through August which include a 2 week Oregon coast vacation. We have loaded up everything from our previous 22' travel trailer. Unbelievable the amount of storage the unit has (althought the coset is on the smaller side).
Unfortunately we didn't get a through walk as we bought 400 miles from Vegas.
If anyone has any suggestion for our maiden voyage, we'd like to hear from you. Looking forward to the interaction. Thank so much.
FordF350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 12:51 PM   #2

Congratulations! My unit had a few minor issues. Loose screws and such. Check your cabinet door latch’s, all of mine except two were broken from using the wrong type of screw. Biggest isssue was the water had never been turned on to the ice maker or dishwasher. Both leaked badly. Dishwasher wasn’t hard to fix but refrigerator had to come out to get behind it, and that was a challenge. I took the opportunity to remove the thin plastic tubing and install a braided stainless steel line.

Shout out with issues and someone on here has had the same experience and can shorten repair time quite a bit. I fixed some issues myself and kept a list for warranty repairs from my dealer.
Highcountrybarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 04:06 PM   #3

Welcome to the Redwood community! You will have a LOT of fun traveling in your RV. You will see things and places you never saw before. You will have the freedom of coming and going as you wish! Trying to balance all the “problem” answers. We have been full timers for five years and LOVE it. Renting out our house and get money to finance the RV Parks. You will run in to a lot of things you have to fix but do not worry. Welcome and happy RVing!
BasilFawlty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 01:38 PM   #4

Thank you. We've been RVing for many years off and on and progressed to the 5th wheel. looking forward towards more adventures.
Old 03-30-2019, 01:40 PM   #5

Thanks for the for the advise. Taking her out for the first time next weekend. Looking forward to the adventures!