Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2015, 05:56 PM   #21

Thank you,when is the rally?
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 06:35 PM   #22

August 7th to 9th, 2015

2015 Redwood Rally - Redwood RV :: Full-Time Residential Fifth Wheels
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 03:56 AM   #23

We love our 36rl! Hope you will enjoy yours' for many miles!

2014 Redwood 36rl, washer/dryer
2014 Ram 3500 drw
EandLTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 01:35 PM   #24

Picked up the new Redwood

we traded in the SOB this past weekend,had the dealer swap the Marathon's with the new Michelin Ribs and wheels,washer and dryer and Morryde pin box. The previous owner had some sort of adapter welded to the Rotoflex pin box that tore up the dealers hitch,so we swapped it. I couldn't get the heat pump to come on,just the furnace .time to read the Manuel . Besides that ,I can't find anything to complain about.
We picked up the rig in Mt. pleasant SC. Then headed to Bryson NC. Then back to Tallahassee . This is a huge upgrade over the Heartland Gateway.

Wayne and Debbie
tallyrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:23 PM   #25
Site Team

Hi to both of you and congrats on becoming a RW owner !
On the heat pump - if it is more than about a 4-5 degree difference between actual temp and what you set it for the furnace will come on. Heat pump works well until outside temp is down in the lower 40's.

If it's 50-60 outside and say 65 in the rig, I will set the heat pump for 67-68 and let it come on and then reset it at 70-71 where I want it.
It should also work if you set the heat pump where you want it and the furnace comes on till it comes to temp and then the heat pump takes over. That seems to be hit or miss in mine though so I usually do it the first way.

HTH
Old 04-29-2015, 06:49 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper guy View Post
Hi to both of you and congrats on becoming a RW owner !
On the heat pump - if it is more than about a 4-5 degree difference between actual temp and what you set it for the furnace will come on. Heat pump works well until outside temp is down in the lower 40's.

If it's 50-60 outside and say 65 in the rig, I will set the heat pump for 67-68 and let it come on and then reset it at 70-71 where I want it.
It should also work if you set the heat pump where you want it and the furnace comes on till it comes to temp and then the heat pump takes over. That seems to be hit or miss in mine though so I usually do it the first way.

HTH
I love our heat pump and basically set it the same way. I usually set the thermostat to 2 degrees above what the inside temp is. When the heat pump shuts off I then reset it 2 degrees higher until I get it set to the temp I want it to stay at. If I set it much more than 2 degrees at a time, then the furnace will kick on first to get the temp up even if the thermostat is set to electric heat. Also, you need to give the heat pump enough time to heat the air coming out of the registers before you decide it is not working. Initially, when the heat pump kicks on you think the air is on instead.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:58 PM   #27
Site Team

Good point ~ it can take several minutes before you actually get heat.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:21 PM   #28

so there's no separate setting for the heat pump. on another rig we had there was a setting to use the furnace or heat pump. i may not have a reason to use the heat again this year,but i can test it.
this weekend i flipped the heat on and only the furnace came on,i'll test it with the 3 degree setting way.
thanks.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:39 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyrver View Post
so there's no separate setting for the heat pump. on another rig we had there was a setting to use the furnace or heat pump. i may not have a reason to use the heat again this year,but i can test it.
this weekend i flipped the heat on and only the furnace came on,i'll test it with the 3 degree setting way.
thanks.
There should be 2 setting for heat on your thermostat. One setting says electric and the other one says gas or heat (I can't remember for sure). If you put it on electric it is wired for the gas furnace to come on if needed but that setting primarily is for your heat pump. If you put it on the other setting than only the gas furnace will operate.
Old 04-30-2015, 02:43 AM   #30

Our Heat Pump Thermostat looks similar to this,

Gas Heat and Electric Heat (Heat Pump) setting

Old 04-30-2015, 03:07 AM   #31

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Smile

I have not tried the living room heat pump yet so do not know if the furnace overrides it. I set the air conditioning on the main to 80 degrees and the bedroom heat pump to 68 degrees. They work great together. In southern California it can be 50 degrees in the morning and 90 degrees in the afternoon. I did notice today when I came home that the main air was not cooling the trailer. It was blowing cold air and working fine but was not enough to cool the trailer to the temp it was set at. It was 98 degrees today and I had the air set at 80 degrees. When I came home the temp in the trailer was 86 degrees. I turned the bedroom air on as well and it dropped it down in no time.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:58 AM   #32

Yep Shane, anytime the outside temperature gets above 90 or it is above 80 and we are getting direct sun it takes both A/Cs to cool our coach down.

Old 04-30-2015, 05:00 AM   #33

Smile Welcome to the Family

Welcome to the RW family. Great floor plan! Move forward and love your journey. This forum has had great, very helpful information.
Loving Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:07 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_fla View Post
Our Heat Pump Thermostat looks similar to this,

Gas Heat and Electric Heat (Heat Pump) setting
Our thermostat dose not have the electric heat option switch on it,besides that it looks the same. So our rig may not have the heat pump option. Yet
Old 04-30-2015, 02:23 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyrver View Post
Our thermostat dose not have the electric heat option switch on it,besides that it looks the same. So our rig may not have the heat pump option. Yet
My guess is, since the heat pump is an option, that you do not have a heat pump, but it could be possible that the wrong thermostat was installed. Your dealer where you purchased it should know whether or not it has a heat pump.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:40 AM   #36

Congratulations on your (new to you) RW, we just recently traded our Landmark for a new RW 39MB. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours. Good luck, hope to see you at the Rally.
slideone is offline   Reply With Quote