Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2022, 03:08 AM   #1

Red face Hello from North Carolina

Hello All. My wife and I just came in to the RW family today (9/8/22). We got a really good deal on a 2012 36RE but have a few items we need to work on - and we're excited about that too! Nonetheless, we are anxious to get back on the road. We live about 45 minutes south of Raleigh, NC and love to travel. Although we have grown kids, we have two four legged kids. We love antiques, thrift stores, vintage, history, beach, mountains, and well, the great outdoors. Looking forward to connecting with other folks!
Cheers, Mike & Jazel
Mike M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 09:47 PM   #2

Mike,

Welcome to the Redwood family . We are heading to South Carolina in the spring (Hilton head national RV and Carolia pines). If you haven't been to these parks put that on your short list.
Old 09-10-2022, 02:49 AM   #3

Thanks Mark, we’ll definitely have those on the list!
Old 09-17-2022, 09:09 PM   #4

We also have a 2012 Redwood 36RE, which we bought brand new.
Old 09-17-2022, 10:57 PM   #5

Welcome to the Redwood family. We own a 2013 36RE which we love, I chose the RE because I watch a lot of movies and the big screen in the back is what makes this model. I bought it used but it was hardly used so was like new. Even then there were a few things I added to make it better. If you still have the original tires that came with the rig, I suggest you replace them as soon as possible, we in the RV world call them China Bombs and when they blow it will tear up the wheel skirt along with it. There are several threads here on the forum that discuss that subject. I added stabilizers so when parked and you walk around it won't shake as bad. This forum is full of information about your rig or those similar. Don't be afraid to ask for help, there are great people on here that love to help. I posted threads about the stabilizers and slide seals, where to buy for what was the best prices at the time. Amazon has a lot more than you would think and shipping is way cheaper than buying from an RV supply. Have lots of fun with your new toy and see the country. Good luck and happy camping.
Old 09-18-2022, 12:57 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoddsCP View Post
We also have a 2012 Redwood 36RE, which we bought brand new.
Nice to meet you Doddscp. I’m sure you’ve got plenty of pointers for us!
Old 09-18-2022, 12:57 AM   #7

Thanks Doddscp, I’m sure you’ve got plenty of pointers for us!