Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2020, 06:54 PM   #1

Hello from Montana

Hi guys, we live just outside Glacier National Park. If your ever visiting Northwest Montana and have questions about visiting Montana just ask.

Scott S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 05:17 PM   #2

I live between Kalispell and Whitefish! Have a 2015 30sl
Kalispellcary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 06:39 PM   #3

You must be psychic... Plans are that we're going to pull from East coast to Seattle next June-July for our daughters wedding. Tentative itinerary calls for a week stop in mid July in the Glacier area on the way back in mid July 2021. Looking for some campground recommendations? I'm in a sl31 that is all so tricked out for dry camping and we routinely shoehorn it into dry State and Federal campsites. Would love a recommendations on a couple of campgrounds that have nice mountain views but are safe to pull the rig into. Am thinking of setting up on the East side of Glacier around Saint Mary's and doing day hikes in that Northeast area. Private campgrounds are fine also but don't need all the pools and entertainment amenities seeing how we're usually off hiking or sightseeing the whole day. Recommendations on favorite restaurants are also appreciated If there's a great campground on the west side of the park with nice mountain views I'm all ear's too. Q. I'm assuming that the most efficient way to get from the West side of the park to the East Side with a big rig is to go South to Missoula and then head Northeast again? Thanks for any input....
Old 08-22-2020, 06:50 PM   #4

I love the east side of the park, St. Mary KOA. NO, you do not drive back to Missoula to go from east side to west side, you take Highway 2 between the two sides with the rv, without rv, take Going to the Sun road in the park. I don't know of any places besides private you will fit in. There are 2 spots in Big Arm State Park on Flathead Lake I fit in with my 31SL but they book up in October for the following summer and are a long way from Glacier Park.
Kalispellcary is offline   Reply With Quote