Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2021, 07:16 PM   #1

Hello community

We are a couple, living in Switzerland.

After several wonderful roadtrips through the US and Canada, we like to start our retirement as full timers in a Redwood RV next year.

we are grateful for every tip to make the start smooth
Swiss-Newby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 01:02 AM   #2
Administrator

You have exciting plans - welcome to the forum.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 02:12 PM   #3
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. As you begin your RV'ing experience you will have questions and this is a good place to get help.
Old 11-06-2021, 05:13 PM   #4

Here’s a tip, Don’t buy a new Redwood 5th wheel, They are Not Worth the money. Workmanship it terrible and warranty support is even worse.
AKBugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 06:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKBugman View Post
Here’s a tip, Don’t buy a new Redwood 5th wheel, They are Not Worth the money. Workmanship it terrible and warranty support is even worse.
Which means they are of the same quality as every other manufacturer, model or make built in the past couple of years regardless of price.
If you read other rv forums you'll read that they ALL have issues from the entry level units to the million dollar motorhomes.
The best option is to shop dealership's service department rather than the sales department, they are the ones that can make the ownership experience pleasant or a PITA!
We had a '13 with only a couple minor issues when, but was a great unit for the price.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 12:14 AM   #6
Site Team

We have a 2013 also and still like it very much. We also had a few problems but not real serious ones. I agree with travelin texans that all RV's are going to have some problems. It helps if one is a do-it-yourselfer. I have never had mine back to a dealer. We plan to keep it for several more years and we still get compliments when at most parks.
Old 11-07-2021, 03:16 AM   #7

Smile New 2013 36FL

My wife and I just purchased our next home on wheels and we are looking forward to getting to use it. This will be our next adventure. We searched out many options and many models to make a sound decision and Redwood was our first choice. We purchased a 2013 36FL and its gorgeous. Well taken care of and just awesome. We haven't even slept in it yet, but its ready when we are. Looking forward to ready some of these forums and advice and does and don'ts.
mtobin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 08:29 PM   #8

I’m not sure about that. Here’s just one of the issues I have and there answer, the RL 3401 comes with two 44 gal grey tanks, well the geniuses at the plant plumbed everything to the one tank, and nothing at all hooked to the #2 tank. They told me they would not pay to have this fixed properly because it might cause more damage to the coach!!!!! Thanks the kinda service I’m getting from Keystone. I have also payed out over $3000.00 in other warranty work and I’m still waiting to get reimbursed, it was approved over 2.5 months ago. And this is a 2021 unit .Needless to say I’m not to Happy with our Redwood
AKBugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 03:35 PM   #9

It sounds as though you may have bought at one dealer to save $$ & attempting warranty work at another. Unfortunately RVs are not automobiles, the non selling rv dealer is in no way obligated to do any warranty work on any rv they did not sell. You may find one willing to work with you but expect to be constantly put at the end of the line behind those they sold & most likely not going to go to bat for you with the manufacturer as strongly as your selling dealer.
If however you are using the dealer you bought from & they are charging you out of pocket you need to be in contact with the manufacturer area representative as this should not be happening, you shouldn't have to pay for warranty work at your selling dealer.
Unfortunately there is no one from RW reading/monitoring this forum, see disclaimer at the bottom of the page.
I do not work for nor receive any compensation from RW, but due the fact you got one with issues doesn't mean all are crap. You may have gotten that 1 in 100 built with issues, but sounds to me like you got a dealer that SUX!
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote