Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2012, 10:51 PM   #1

We are wanting ideas from people on some great campgrounds to stay. We are currently in Colorado but want to go for a month to one or two campgrounds. does anyone have suggestions? We are looking to travel about 300-500 miles. We have to have a great 3G connection.Edited by: Rooksfive
Rooksfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:55 AM   #2
Site Team

I've done a lot of camping in the mountains of Wy but I don't know about the 3g part of it. Also with all the fires I'm not sure. The problem is, last year when I was out there there were so many dead trees from the bugs that the entire area was a fire waiting to happen.

Sorry I can't help you on this one

Old 07-01-2012, 02:40 PM   #3

Thanks Dave and Ginny.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:20 PM   #4

This really does not meet your criteria, however, there is a great place in north Arkansas at Table Rock Lake. It is Outdoor Resorts of The Ozarks. It is about 25 miles south of Branson, Missouri. It is not a campground but a private RV community which does have rental sites available. It is a beautiful place. Full hookups on concrete pads and all roads are paved. Tennis courts, 2 swimming pools and access to the lake. Most of the sites have been landscaped by the owners. Many owners have their sites on the rental list. You can call 1.888.749.7396 for more information or visit their website. Again, I know it does not fit your criteria but it is a gorgeous place. There will be a brand new 36RL sitting in lot 115 starting next Friday.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooksfive
We are wanting ideas from people on some great campgrounds to stay. We are currently in Colorado but want to go for a month to one or two campgrounds. does anyone have suggestions? We are looking to travel about 300-500 miles. We have to have a great 3G connection.

In April. We stayed at the KOA in Fort Collins. very nice sites with a small lake, you can walk around. also catch and release.the staff was very friendly. also, old Fort Collins was nice to walk around with its many shops. we would stay there again.

Lillyputz
Old 07-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #6

Thanks Russ and Lillyputz for the campground info.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:56 AM   #7

People who travel in RVs are modern day explorers. Rather than being an
armchair tourist watching footage of national parks and windswept
beaches on your TV, the RV lets you see them in person.

peter1brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:45 AM   #8

We're working our way out to Sturgis, SD from VA, spending two to three days at a campground before traveling another 200+ miles day.

We started out at Candy Hill in Winchester, VA - very nice except the road noise from Route 81. Met Travelin Anderson there. There was another Redwood there in storage making it three of us.

One CG in PA that I wouldn't recommend because it had E-collie in their water supply will remain nameless (send me a private email and I'll disclose it) conversely, one that was very nice was Lazy J's in Bellevue, OH.
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:53 PM   #9

We spent the summer in Mancos, CO., which in in Weber Canyon, the one that just burned, and right next to the Mesa Verde. We stayed at a real Stage Coach ranch and learned how to drive them. What a great summer. Though the stage company is no longer there, it is a wonderful place to visit. Not only is the mesa verde there, but there is numerous items of interest. Horse riding, mountain exploration, the four-corners area (four states point together allowing you to stand in four states at once), Silverton and Teluride are within a days drive. And the wonderful city of Durango is about 30 miles away. They have untold things to see, including the train ride to Silverton and dozens and dozens of shops, bars, hotels, etc.. It is located in the SW part of the state. You might try to see the the Royal Gourge, another masterpiece of God's hand.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #10

Glendo Wyoming, the Glendo Lakeside RV park. Its a stones throw away from Glendo reservoir, right between Cheyenne and Casper, right off o I25,and very nice.Newer park, owners are very nice, and big rig friendly.
44 FHU sites, 38x85 so very spacious. Theres a store with basics, propane and RV supplies, brand newlaundry room and showers that are always clean and quite large. Great fishing and boating all over the place.Prices are reasonable.Only small drawback, is that if you do want to use the showers, its a $3 charge per use. Each token gives you I think 8-10 minutes of water time. The sink/toilet are free......just the showers they charge for. But the water was always nice and hot if we needed it.
Can be a bit windy, but all in all a really nice park. Also a couple little diners in town with great food at reasonable prices if you want a night out.
They have a few fires going, but none that are anywhere near the park or reservoir.
There are a few other RV parks in Glendo......wouldnt recommend them. Small, dirty and not worth it.

In Colorado, we can recomment the Prospect RVPark in the Golden/Wheatridge area ,right off of I70...and one in Simla called Cadillac Jacks, which is between Limon and Colorado Springs. Cant remember the specifics for each, but both were very nice.
Neither are anywhere near any fires that are still going.
MileHiGypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:26 PM   #11

oh...and havent had any reception problems for anythingin any of them.
MileHiGypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #12

I am looking for an RV Campground in Arkansas around Little Rock and one around Hot Springs. Any suggestions?
Old 07-12-2012, 06:23 AM   #13

Trycampgroundreviews.comwhen doing a campground search.
I use it all the time along with google earth to find campgrounds.

This forum is still fairly new and as we all know, has very few topics and weak search capabilities. Therefore I use some of the many other RV related discussion forums on the internet. Here's a link to a well established forum with a campground review topic:
http://www.irv2.com/campgrounds/index.php

The webmaster of this forum would do well to take a look at irv2.com to see what a well designed discussion forum looks like.
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote